Ghost heart/beckoner is a pretty bad one. You can only have 1 summon out at a time, so you either never get to use your ranger pet or never get to use the chanter's summons.

That's the first terrible idea that comes to mind, I'm sure there are others.

• Like 4

I'd say all combinations of mage slayer and subclasses focused on self-buffs, such as conjurers and Wael priests, as they'd simply be gimping themselves.

Doesn't get much worse than the already mentioned ghost heart/beckoner though.

Hmm, aside from the already mentioned gh/beckoner:

Fury of Eothas

Soulblade of Eothas

Corpse-eater/Sharpshooter

Lifegiver/Beguiler

Trickster/Conjurer

Soulblade of Eothas

Really Priest/Cipher in general in godawful.

Trickster/Conjurer

Didn't they fix that in the last patch?

I'm not saying it's good now, to be clear. But IIRC you're no longer locked out of your rogue illusion powers.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

sharpshooter/shattered pillar, particular as a tank.  shattered pillar gains wounds from inflicted melee damage, but attack speed is slowed and deflection is lowered by 10.  sharpshooter gains benefits to crit and penetration at distances greater than 4m, but again, the shattered pillar only gains wounds from melee.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

sharpshooter/shattered pillar, particular as a tank.  shattered pillar gains wounds from inflicted melee damage, but attack speed is slowed and deflection is lowered by 10.  sharpshooter gains benefits to crit and penetration at distances greater than 4m, but again, the shattered pillar only gains wounds from melee.

HA! Good Fun!

The Sharpshooter PEN bonus is actually on foes closer than 4m IIRC, so wouldn't be too terrible on a pike/quarterstaff user, for example. But as a tank yes absolutely horrible choice.

Corpse-eater/Sharpshooter sounds like a bad time too.

Edited by thundercleese

ANY multiclass with a chanter is a good multiclass.  Ghostheart/Beckoner isn't that bad because you're still a Beckoner.  

I vote Priest/Cipher.  Not only is there no synergy, but you're gimping yourself because you can't get the higher level Priest spells.  

Edited by Marigoldran

Soulblade of Eothas

Really Priest/Cipher in general in godawful.

Trickster/Conjurer

Didn't they fix that in the last patch?

I'm not saying it's good now, to be clear. But IIRC you're no longer locked out of your rogue illusion powers.

I leveled a priest/cipher to 20 solo potd and I don't think the combo in particular is bad.

Cipher is just very limited in a game with a lot of charm resistant/immune enemies and some others with giant willsaves it often gets reduced to attacking instead of using powers, which makes it a lot worse than it could be.

A priest can actually help out the weapon part of a cipher a lot and ofc the priest has a lot more spells that target reflex...

What? Pure Ciphers have a ton of abilities to target either Will or Fort.  Disintegrate against Low Fort enemies and Charm against High Fort enemies.  

If you multiclass, you're going to miss out on abilities like Death of a Thousand Cuts.

Edited by Marigoldran

Ghost heart/beckoner is a pretty bad one. You can only have 1 summon out at a time, so you either never get to use your ranger pet or never get to use the chanter's summons.

That's the first terrible idea that comes to mind, I'm sure there are others.

I though the whole reason behind the Ghost Heart was not having a godawful pet attached to your stats=P

Priest of Wael/Trickster would be pretty pointless due to overlap.

Blunderbuss Devoted/Mage slayer will play off "amazing ranged barb" with all the Fighter class buffs nerfed and accuracy penalties on any weapon.

Beconer/Conjurer 

Conjurer/Mage Slayer

Mage Slayer on Solo PotD in general

Yeah Cipher/Priest cant really be considered one of the worst imo. Priests get Barring deaths door and Salvation of time wich is great with everything. A priest/ascendant death godlike while near death and ascended would'nt be bad at all. Also Borrowed Instincts is good for priest nukes. I would trade ciphers top tier abilities for Barring and Salvation of time, that is if u want to play a cipher. Because i wouldnt trade the last two power lvls of a priest for any cipher spells :p

Edited by Dorftek

What? Pure Ciphers have a ton of abilities to target either Will or Fort.  Disintegrate against Low Fort enemies and Charm against High Fort enemies.  

If you multiclass, you're going to miss out on abilities like Death of a Thousand Cuts.

Low fort enemies, good one. :)

• Like 1

Priest of Eothas/AnythingElse?

I'm struggling to think of any class that would work well with Priest of Eothas, that wouldn't work better with Priest of <somebody, anybody, else>, since all Eothas brings to the table that the others do not is Sunbeam at T1, filling the T2-T7 tiers of given spells with spells that all priests can get if they want to.

The closest I can get is that for roleplaying purposes a Priest of Eothas/Kind Wayfarer Paladin (or /Shieldbearer of. st. Elga Paladin) would at least share some dispositions making that easier to handle, so I guess it should be Priest of Eothas/AnythingElseExceptPaladinWayfarerOrShieldbearer.

Guess there's a reason there aren't any Priest of Eothas guides up yet: Skaen, Magram, Wael, Berath... but no Eothas.

Edited by pi2repsion
  • Like 1

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

I found melee berserker/helwalker the worst combination in the game :D 

Low deflection because of berserker
Increase damage taken because of helwalker
More might make you take more damage from Frenzy

Usually you die before real fight start, this combination just unplayable until Death Door spell :D

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)