Be very careful about upgrading this weapon with the twin slugs 4m pushback

The idea seems good but in practice i think it is too annoying to make it work while

the problem is if your other melee party members are attacking the same person you are when they are pushed back by the slugs they will follow them back

this can be a really big problem if they are engaged by other enemies as they will break engagement

Its useful to have a weapon that has this pushback effect but i wish they didnt do it with this weapon as it probably is one off or if not the highest DPS weapon in the game.

IF you upgrade it to do the pushback you have to micro it to try and pushback enemies around your tank. Very helpful. But unfortunately it isnt that good at DPS anymore because of what i said above

Anyone else have the same issue?

Edited by Teclis23

It may have been fixed in the latest patch, but for me this upgrade was always applying the knockback - even at max range. So yeah I avoid it, Double Tap is far more useful anyway. Can really trivialise some of the earlier undead encounters. It will also auto-kill constructs (though not the top tier ones).

I would also say that most of your latest threads belong to the char build/strategy subforum. Not necessarily because they evolve around strategies and char building all the time but because discussing your mechanics/item/class questions is nigh impossible without heavy (item) spoilers. And using spoiler tags is so tedious. :))

Most of these threads will get moved there anyway, so maybe starting them there is better. Just a suggestion though.

The auto-knockback effect is annoying as heck. I like push effects, but I prefer those you can trigger at will so you don't run into those problems you describe.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Well, my Helwalker/Ascendant is mainly using it for

1. Chargers who get into our ranks and attack the squishies

2. Casters/ranged attackers who are usually spread at range anyway

3. Singular boss mobs

It's very useful for those enemies and I like the knockback, even if it can be irritating from time to time.

Could be great with Arterial Strike too :D ...although only 1 chance to apply with the Red Hand - but maybe someone else in the party could apply it or you can switch weapons.

For clumped mobs surrounding the tank he mostly uses the dual mortars :p

Well, my Helwalker/Ascendant is mainly using it for

1. Chargers who get into our ranks and attack the squishies

2. Casters/ranged attackers who are usually spread at range anyway

3. Singular boss mobs

It's very useful for those enemies and I like the knockback, even if it can be irritating from time to time.

Could be great with Arterial Strike too :D ...although only 1 chance to apply with the Red Hand - but maybe someone else in the party could apply it or you can switch weapons.

For clumped mobs surrounding the tank he mostly uses the dual mortars :p

Yeah i have has a really good think about using it for that but you miss out on all the DPS from sustained gunfire

OK Boerer will post in the other

Question though: Does a jump from Driving Flight also knock back the (second) target?

Edit: Nevermind, I quickly tested it myself: it does. :)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Question though: Does a jump from Driving Flight also knock back the (second) target?

Edit: Nevermind, I quickly tested it myself: it does. :)

If is this is the case would you use the upgrade?

And did both shots go to the same two enemies every time? So 2 people get knocked back or three people get knocked back?

Edited by Teclis23

I would also say that most of your latest threads belong to the char build/strategy subforum. Not necessarily because they evolve around strategies and char building all the time but because discussing your mechanics/item/class questions is nigh impossible without heavy (item) spoilers. And using spoiler tags is so tedious. :))

Most of these threads will get moved there anyway, so maybe starting them there is better. Just a suggestion though.

The auto-knockback effect is annoying as heck. I like push effects, but I prefer those you can trigger at will so you don't run into those problems you describe.

Yeah, a modal would be an ideal solution. Missing on out of range is one of the bigger sins in this game.

Yeah I had initially thought it would be great for dueds who try to rush the back line - until I tested it. I made a bug report some time ago about this, the fact that the on kill buff (all versions) can create separate instances that stack (so theoretically you can keep increasing your damage up to infinity if you never rest), and that the description of Double Tap is a bit unclear/misleading. So far no changes have been made to it. :getlost: