Occlusion Opacity slider doesn't work.

cogwheel

Question

The slider for this setting in the Graphics menu is non-functioning in my game.  I can move it, but it just resets to the default value of 0.3 once I leave the menu; new settings refuse to save.

My game version is 1.3.8.1318. Please help. I can't see what's going on in combat far too often because I can't change this setting.

I'm irritated this game doesn't have a user settings configuration file for working around an issue like this.  All the user settings are stored in the registry, apparently.  Which is ridiculous.

Edited by cogwheel

3 answers to this question

Note for posterity:

Running the game without the Patchwork Launcher (necessary to use certain mods, e.g. the community patch) permits the opacity slider to work again.

So it wasn't Obsidian's fault.  My bad, Obsidian.

Edited by cogwheel

Found that issue is with IE mod that makes use of Patchworks, and not patchworks itself.

Found a workaround however. 

Fully disable IE mod and patchworks. Run POE as normal. Set occlusion opacity to wanted setting and apply. Load save game, save game, reload game, check its applied, exit game.

Now you can put the mods back on and the opacity will be stuck at the newly changed setting.