Is there any efficient way to counter the Beserker's Confusion status?

After all this time, do you think the “less INT = higher DPS” shenanigan might actually be intended?

I mean, after PoE there’s no way Obsidian could be unaware.

Didn't they fix it in PoE, though? Or am I just imagining that.

It has been "fixed" for most DoTs, as they tend to be 'X damage per 3.0 seconds for Y seconds'. However the ones that read 'X% of attack damage over time' will result in more DPS with a low int, but the same absolute damage - 20% of 100 is still 20, regardless if it's dealt over 10 seconds or 5.

So for the former, high int is good as it will keep ticking for the same amount for a longer time, it's things like Hunters Wounding Shot that benefit from low int.

I ... guess that makes sense as a bug. Like, I can see how that would happen, from a coding perspective. I am willing to be sympathetic!

But the real question is, does enemy resolve also accelerate those abilities?

Edited by gkathellar
  • Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

That is a very good question though; Do high resolve foes bleed out faster? I guess we could test by having an enemy use wounding shot on our high resolve character attacking our own party with different resolve scores.

Okay, so despite the descriptions of both Wounding Shot and Deep wounds, they both do 20% damage over their duration. Going from 10 int to 20 int caused a reduction in tick damage by ~50%. What's more interesting though is that Vatnir (14 resolve) consistently took more damage than Aloth (10 resolve).

Edited by thundercleese
  • Like 1

Didn't they fix it in PoE, though? Or am I just imagining that.

Wounding and some other DoTs still work like that today (lower INT with fixed damage = higher DPS - in case of non-raw dmg also higher overall damage because fewer but higher ticks that can overcome DR more easily. See Goldpact Knight's burn DoT with FoD).

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Well a Wounding Shot + Deep Wounds used on Aloth did ~40-45% of the total damage dealt over time. The same against Vatnir was doing ~55-60%, and over a shorter duration.

Just repeated after pumping Searfen up to 20 resolve - DoTs dealt ~61% of the hit damage combined.

Edited by thundercleese

Hehe - yes ok. But how can one explain this? If the duration was shorter because of RES and thus dps higher I could understand - but overall damage, too? I can't imagine the weird mechanics behind this.

Is Deep Wounds also profiting from low INT? Because in PoE it was not.

Man now I want to build a Scout with 3-> 1 INT (from -8 item), Deep Wounds + Wounding Shot and wounding weapon.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I have no idea why. :) I just did two tests on Serafen - first was with 20 RES and the shot did 87 + 11 lash = 98 and the DoTs did a total of 60 (rounding aside). I then dropped his RES down to 10 - hit for 104 + 13 lash = 117 and the DoTs did  52.

Just make sure you have someone with RES debuffs. It's late and I'm tired, this would be counterproductive. :facepalm:

Edited by thundercleese

Just edited my posts above - high resolve actually increases total damage received by such DoTs (not just the DPS).

I KNEW IT

ahahahahahahahahaha

*cries*

To make things even better, the amount it increases it by doesn't seem to be proportional to the reduction in hostile duration value of the resolve stat. :) This could come down to things like rounding, and how the game handles partial ticks though.

Edited by thundercleese