[Bug] Guardian of Ukaizo fight not occurring

DrHollywood

Question

When you first land at Ukaizo, the Guardian initiates dialogue but after the dialogue is concluded, it appears to be invisible and does not initiate combat.  Adra Animats spawn and crawl out of the water into the area, but despawn a second or two later, repeating in an infinite spawn/climb up/despawn loop.  I am able to leave the area and proceed, but no combat occurs.

Link to autosave upon landing:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wk3qbUfeoB-Y4HZiwIH1ZmsWDCr4ZQXl/view?usp=sharing

Save prior to sailing to Ukaizo:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iVuEbZ91ijMahD4SRfQWcaAgzIJPTDC2/view?usp=sharing

post-219164-0-66000400-1533841714_thumb.jpg

So I logged on all excited today thinking I could finally beat the game and move on with dlc after 2 months or something?... So I wait for the patch patiently load my game asap and all that had changed is the gaurdian is no longer there at all even as an invisible annoyance. I ran all around the area and nothing happened and there were still 2 piles of his body parts around. I then went back to an earlier save thinking it would help and made my way back to no avail. Still broken.  :facepalm: This really ruined the end of the game for me.

I backed the game over a year ago. I wanted to play it so badly but decided to wait 2-3 months after release so I don't hit any major game braking bug, joke on me LOL. I waited for this bug to get fixed but after 1-2 weeks I just gave up and tried to just finish the game to see how it ends, unfortunately game froze in the middle of ending - double fail.

At least I dodged the bullet and didn't buy season pass yet, and now probably never will. What a huge disappointment :(

I also ran into a version of this bug yesterday. However, unlike what most people are describing here nothing triggered for me. There's no Guardian to speak to, no Adra Colossuses awake, nothing. I just ran across an empty map, took in the sights and moved on. The only thing that even signifies something was about to happen is an enemy that is supposed to climb up sticking to a wall to the right side of the map. 

As for my game stats:

- Sided with Huana

- Had the water dragon help me with the Guardian in the storybook

I can provide a save if needed.

• Like 3

I also ran into a version of this bug yesterday. However, unlike what most people are describing here nothing triggered for me. There's no Guardian to speak to, no Adra Colossuses awake, nothing. I just ran across an empty map, took in the sights and moved on. The only thing that even signifies something was about to happen is an enemy that is supposed to climb up sticking to a wall to the right side of the map. 

I had this exact bug today as well. I sided with the Principi and also had the dragon helping me. Made for a pretty anticlimactic ending  :getlost:

• Like 1

Same problem as 

I'm using the beta patch. I sided with the Valian Trading Company.

I went through the text sequence to get to Ukaizo, the guardian showed up, and the dragon I freed from the Watershaper's guild fought the guardian.

Upon reaching with Ukaizo, the guardian didn't spawn and talk to me at all, and I could walk straight through to the area map.

I've beaten the game before in the exact same way and I know the guardian is supposed to come try and stop me.

Same problem here. No guardian, and the titans didn't attack me. Except that I sided with Aeldys.

In earlier versions, there was indeed a way to avoid the guardian: don't release the dragon in Neketakka, and let the guardian attack your allies in the text sequence. This way the guardian seemed too busy for coming back. Yet once you landed on Ukaizo the two titans still attacked you on sight. The problem described in this thread looks like a bug.

This bug is still there for me also. It has been reported already over a month ago so it really should be fixed since it is a major bug that prevents finishing the game as intended. But the latest patch still did not fix this. It only changed the bug a bit - earlier the guardian dialogue started even though the guardian was not there. Now there's even no dialogue on Ukaizo. 

I had this exact bug today as well. I sided with the Principi and also had the dragon helping me. Made for a pretty anticlimactic ending  :getlost:

Also the same for me, as I just finished yesterday.  When reaching Ukaizo, I just walked through the first map without any combat or conversation or interaction.  Just waltzed right through it, up to the tower, turned off the machine, and waltzed down to the 3rd map and had my conversation with Eothas.  Game over.  Very disappointing after such a long journey through the Deadfire.

... there is supposed to be a Guardian? I never encountered it either, I thought the water dragon had killed it (and was somewhat disappointed by that).

No conversations either, like daver mentioned, just walk up to the machine and have a chat with Eothas. 

I thought it passing weird :/

Same choices here too: sided with Furrante, freed the dragon. I also let Aeldys go, but unsure if that affects the bug.

@devs,

Would uploading a savefile with this particular bug happening (or any other game breaking stuff) help the dev team pinpoint the issue thus fixing it faster/more efficiently?

Is there anyone monitoring this topic? It's been almost two months since it has first been reported, and it is a major, major issue that make me pause the game a month ago. I'm still waiting for a patch to continue my journey in the Deadfire, and it seems I'm not the only one.

If there is anything we can do to help resolve this please let us now.

You all lucky to even spoke to the boss. I just arrived at Ukaizo today. I just waltz to Ondra' spire without even seing a boss or anyone. Only because I looked  up where the guardian was  that I knew that I was supposed to fight it on the harbour . My play :

- eventually sided with the VTC

- blew up the powder storage of the RDC

- almost ided with the Principi: sided with Aedy, killed Furrante, when on to get the Floating Hangman, but never turned it .

- went to Ukaizo with the ghost ship, fought a bunch of principi

- I release the water dragon ( keept a part of its soul) , so it helped me during the interaction with the underwater beast ( was that the guardian ? )

- now I ave deactivated the machine and killed Aedys

so.... no end boss ? how can you miss the final fight ? :D

Wow. Always I thought PoE2 needed a final boss fight and today I realized that PoE2 had a final boss 😄

I played only one campaign and I finished it the 16th of April, without knowing the game was designed to fight with the Guardian of Ukaizo, a fight that, in my case, never happened. At the arrival of Ukaizo I simply had to fight against 2 easy titans.

Today, reading some lore, I know for the first time there is a final boss, the guardian of Ukaizo.

What a way of finishing a game (and I only play once BG, PoE etc campaigns) 😎