[Bug] Guardian of Ukaizo fight not occurring

DrHollywood

Question

When you first land at Ukaizo, the Guardian initiates dialogue but after the dialogue is concluded, it appears to be invisible and does not initiate combat.  Adra Animats spawn and crawl out of the water into the area, but despawn a second or two later, repeating in an infinite spawn/climb up/despawn loop.  I am able to leave the area and proceed, but no combat occurs.

Link to autosave upon landing:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wk3qbUfeoB-Y4HZiwIH1ZmsWDCr4ZQXl/view?usp=sharing

Save prior to sailing to Ukaizo:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iVuEbZ91ijMahD4SRfQWcaAgzIJPTDC2/view?usp=sharing

post-219164-0-66000400-1533841714_thumb.jpg

Hey Dr. Hollywood!

Thanks so much for the save files!  We are already working on a fix for this, but this will be an amazing help for us to get to the root of the problem and get a fix in.  If you discover anything else about this, please let us know!

Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience of this bug.

I'm having the same exact problem. The Guardian of Ukaizo marker is placed in the same place as in the screenshoot of DrHollywood and spawns and de-spawns of enemies occur in the same way the author of this topic described. Seeing that I can't find any mention of this bug before, I'd suspect it has something to do with latest patch. Don't know about DrHollywood but I have Beast of Winter already installed and finished it before proceeding to Ukaizo, don't know if it matters though.

Hope you'll be able to fix that bug soon, because I'm not sure whether I should proceed forward with this bug or not, as I don't know whether it can have any impact on save game (considering that it happens in the very ending) and possible future exporting of this save to hypothetical "PoE III".

Hi,

I have the same bug

I noticed it happened after dowloading beast of winter DLC (because I did BOW with a save before getting to ukaizo and noticed bug after going back to game finish)

I also had a similar problem (similar meaning weird display) when fighting dragon in BOW (final fight, not the initial one): dragon suddenly jumped, on landing I had just circle displaying (hits were scored), dragon "correct display" resumed eventually later on during fight.

If some saves or any information is needed, please tell me.

Excuse my bad english, so if something I wrote is not clear let me know so that I try to explain further.

I've got the exact same bug.  BoW installed.

This is a terrible bug.  Embarrassing, even.  This should be the crescendo to the story and it spoils the entire experience.

Shame on you, Obsidian.  You really, really need to fix this immediately.

Same issue here, exactly as described. I have BoW too, but didn't started the quest yet.

I couldn't tried to disable BoW in Steam because I can't load the save without it.

I guess I will pause the game and wait for a quick patch so I can finish the game.

Having the same issue, exactly as described. I have all the DLC's installed.

I can sometimes engage in combat with the adds but the guardian remains invisible though I can see an white circle around it on the ground.

Edited by andrewjknox

I'm getting a slightly different experience with hotfix patch 2.01 installed.  The Guardian isn't merely invisible, it doesn't appear in any capacity; i.e., it's dialogue doesn't start, and the party can simply walk up to the gate, fight the pair of Engwithan golems, then waltz into the city.  Not to pile on, but I feel it's fair to question the logic behind releasing a hotfix that doesn't actually fix what is the most challenging combat in the base game.

I did a bit of experimenting.

My first path I

Blew up the powder stores

Made friends with Queen Onekaza but didn't leave with her.

I went and killed Furrante and got the Ghost Ship from Aldys.

When I went to Ukaizo, I ignored the battle and let the Principi and Rautai fight it out.

The Ghost ship ignored the storm. 

On Route the water dragon fought the guardian at sea and said "now we're even". This may be the event that breaks the guardian. I am not sure what this was supposed to do, maybe weaken the guardian? 

When I arrived at Ukaizo the guardian talked to me as an invisible object, minions kept appearing and despawning, and i just walked past.

I went back to an earlier save.

I still blew up the power stores.

My ship was strong enough that I sailed to Ukaizo alone.

No ships waited for me. I weathered the storm and avoided crashing into the adra pillar.

The guardian never came and I don't remember any prompts about the dragon. They never fought at sea.

When I got to Ukaizo the guardian spawned normally and the full fight took place. I continued to the end and all was normal. 

I still blew up the power stores.

My ship was strong enough that I sailed to Ukaizo alone.

No ships waited for me. I weathered the storm and avoided crashing into the adra pillar.

The guardian never came and I don't remember any prompts about the dragon. They never fought at sea.

When I got to Ukaizo the guardian spawned normally and the full fight took place. I continued to the end and all was normal. 

I tried this and it worked for me too.

Thank you, for this temporary solution.

I allied myself with Furrante and had the help of the dragon as well, so the dragon can indeed be the source of the problem. The thing is, I don't want to change my approach just because the fight is bugged, because that's kind of ruining my immersion if I'm forced to do something not the way I like it just to get past a bug.

Hope it will be fixed soon and if so, would someone be so kind to let us know about the fix? Wouldn't want to go through the whole storm part everytime just to see if the guardian is back.

I just had this happened to me , free'd both dragons (Water and the one in the Volcano) went to fight the Guardian and nothing , just Adra Spawns respawning over and over and i could just  leave the area and go talk to Eothas , pretty damn disappointed after 90 hours of Gameplay for this to happen ;;; 

Same here, 100+ hours for that so disappointed. 

The dragon helped me during the scripted interaction and when I arrive The guardian speak to me but I can not see it and at the end, some mobs are spawning but are also bugged. When is it going to get fixed? I mean come on it's the end game how can this happen 

Same here, 100+ hours for that so disappointed. 

The dragon helped me during the scripted interaction and when I arrive The guardian speak to me but I can not see it and at the end, some mobs are spawning but are also bugged. When is it going to get fixed? I mean come on it's the end game how can this happen 

Yeah, I would expect quick hotfix for such major issue. Quite disappointing..

Same here.

My watcher sided with the Royal Deadfire Company and killed Queen Onekaza but not her brother.

Scyorielaphas helped me fight the creature in the text sequence.

On arrival in Ukaizo -> same issue as described above.

(As a side note: In the text sequence, the RDC's submarine is always mentioned … even if I use my junk to cross Ondra's Mortar.)

I'm using the beta patch. I sided with the Valian Trading Company.

I went through the text sequence to get to Ukaizo, the guardian showed up, and the dragon I freed from the Watershaper's guild fought the guardian.

Upon reaching with Ukaizo, the guardian didn't spawn and talk to me at all, and I could walk straight through to the area map.

I've beaten the game before in the exact same way and I know the guardian is supposed to come try and stop me.