Star Wars Customizable Card Game

Did you used to collect Star Wars CCG?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Did you used to collect Star Wars CCG?

• Yes
    • No
    • What the hell are those?
    • I'm not gonna waste no money on those kind of things

Well Decipher stopped making them for a while, and I wasted a loadful of money on them when I was going to middle school. Still have my collection somewhere. Anybody here used to collect them? They were $3.75 a pack or something. Just wondering if they decide to make a KOTOR version, I might be broke again.

http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/index.html

Anybody remember these?

devastator.gifdeathstartrooper.gif

rebeltrooper.gifgeneraldodonna.gif

Never seen them before in my life, and to be honest I wouldnt really want to see them, but each to their own I suppose :rolleyes:

:angry: What I ment was that they probaly wouldn't implement another card game to TSL. I mean, a mini game like that would take to much time out of the developement of the game; I know theyv'e already finished the game, but that's another reason why this doesn't make sense. <_< :blink:;)

What makes you guys not like it? What's wrong with wasting 5 or 10 dollars a day anyhow? Better than buying smokes. At least smokes kill you and makes you broke. These only makes you broke. :rolleyes:

Just FYI:

http://www.decipher.com/starwars/whatisit/index.html

Customizable Card Game? What's that?

A Customizable Card Game is unlike any game you've ever experienced before! In a normal card game, both players play with the same deck of cards. In the Star Wars Customizable Card Game (Star Wars CCG) players have a universe of over 1000 cards to choose from and each player builds their own play deck from a selection of these cards.

Cards are sold in decks and booster packs and new expansions are released frequently. You can 'customize' your deck by adding or removing cards between games to 'tweak' it into the ultimate winning machine!

Imagine playing a game of chess where each player could select from 1000 pieces, each of which moved differently. You would select your 16 pieces in secret, and so would your opponent. Sitting opposite him, surveying the board, you would make your attacks based on the pieces you selected, and form your defenses based on the pieces your opponent selected. Of course, you'd have to change your strategy and pieces from time to time, otherwise your opponent would always know what's coming and he could prepare for it by selecting different pieces! It would never get boring, that's for sure!

The cards themselves are spectacular. The images have been pulled straight from the Star Wars film trilogy and have been retouched and refined by our art department, and printed on the highest-quality cardstock available. Also, most cards have 'lore' explaining the character or situation. Even characters only glimpsed for a few seconds have lore officially approved by Lucasfilm Ltd.

How do you play?

In Star Wars CCG, you can take on the role of either the Rebellion or the Empire, and try to deplete your opponent's 'Life Force' by battling him on the ground and in space. Stormtroopers, X-Wings, aliens, droids, and the Death Star itself are under your control as you learn and master the Force and free the Galaxy from Imperial Tyranny -- or as you try to put an end to this 'insignificant rebellion!'

You'll never run out of new ideas or new ways to play. The possibilities and strategies for Star Wars CCG are infinite!

This sounds complex...

To be honest - it is! This isn't 'Go Fish,' and it takes some time to learn thoroughly. But once you do, the rewards are great! After all, you don't play 'Go Fish' anymore, do you? You will be playing with all your favorite characters and places from the greatest science-fiction films ever made, putting them in impossible situations (and getting them out of them) time after time.

The games really do play like a movie!

You can make the game as difficult as you want. Can't understand a rule? Play a different strategy! Find the Interrupt cards confusing? Play without them for a few games! It's your game, and you can play it any way you want to.

Cool! I want some!

You can buy Star Wars Customizable Card Game at hobby, gaming, card stores, and bookstores around the country. The cards sell in 60-card 'starter' decks and 15-card 'expansion packs.'

Decipher will produce new 'expansion sets' for the game every few months. Star Wars CCG Premiere Edition was launched in December of 1995 and the first expansion, entitled A New Hope, was released in July of 1996. Hoth was released in November of 1996. Be on the lookout for these and upcoming expansions, or contact us for more information!

Never seen them before in my life, and to be honest I wouldnt really want to see them, but each to their own I suppose :rolleyes:

:angry: What I ment was that they probaly wouldn't implement another card game to TSL. I mean, a mini game like that would take to much time out of the developement of the game; I know theyv'e already finished the game, but that's another reason why this doesn't make sense. <_< :blink:;)

erm...it was aimed at the author of the thread not you ;)

:angry: What I ment was that they probaly wouldn't implement another card game to TSL. I mean, a mini game like that would take to much time out of the developement of the game; I know theyv'e already finished the game, but that's another reason why this doesn't make sense. <_< ;);)

erm...it was aimed at the author of the thread not you ;)

Oh. Sorry. :p:blink:

Hee hee hee, truly, truly the collectible customizable card game is a true symbol of geekdom.

And yes, I still have my old cards, too!!! LOL

Would I buy more for KoTOR or TSL?

Nah, I have enough gaming material I can't ever play with.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

What makes you guys not like it?

:rolleyes: Why don't you read and post and find out. <_<

Hey....

do you even have any idea of how much this card is worth? Or used to worth anyways?

darthvader.gif

:blink: <_< It's a peice of paper with picture and some numbers. Who would waste they're money on that? ;) Whoever would I feel sorry for... ;) :ph34r:

Never heard of/seen those cards. They do remind me of those Magic: The gathering-cards.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

i have a ton of those cards loved to play it back in the day. but now you couldn't pay me enough to play that long and boring game.

I say NO to kotor cards!!!!

i have a ton of those cards loved to play it back in the day. but now you couldn't pay me enough to play that long and boring game.

I say NO to kotor cards!!!!

They may be boring to play and expensive to buy, but they sure are informative as heck when it comes to Star Wars.

Well Decipher stopped making them for a while, and I wasted a loadful of money on them when I was going to middle school. Still have my collection somewhere. Anybody here used to collect them? They were $3.75 a pack or something. Just wondering if they decide to make a KOTOR version, I might be broke again.

intresting_geek.jpg

Play with him. ^_^

manthing2.jpg

Never heard of them. <_<

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.