F U N N Y S T U F F

Amentep

The hubris of Man, that dare compare God's flawless code with their facsimile.

Flawless code? That depends on whether quantum mechanics and relativity are intentional. :p

You'd also never in a million years deliberately design bellows system lungs for your favourite creation having designed the far more efficient parabronchial system in birds beforehand.

Checkmate, theists.

Birds breathing system is incompatibile with having a immortal soul. This was proven somewhere in 11th century. Atheists are really behind on science and knowledge  :p

You might joke but Cartesian ideas led to the burning of cats, just another reason why Descartes should be vilified.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It's weird to hear you two talk about Weekend at Bernie's like it isn't a super well known comedy. It's a pretty popular pop culture reference.

Never seen it, but i'm foreign.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Posted for humor purposes only. not to provoke a discussion on the merits

someone-call-japan-germanys-getting-the-

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Only popups and RealPlayer are problems on that list.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Netscape, in a way, gave birth to Firefox, which ultimately got revenge on Internet Explorer, before being usurped by Chrome.

I was never an AltaVista guy pre-Google, I was all about Ask Jeeves. I guess Ask.com still exists but it's just not the same without Jeeves.

RealPlayer can burn in hell for all of eternity along eith QuickTime.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Real Player was a necessity for my anime days. QuickTime was worse, though.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I pretty much consider anything pre-vlc to be the Dark Age of viewing video content. A barbaric time filled with dozens of video players, none of which were any good, and an endless barrage of downloading and installing obscure plugins to watch crappy quality videos. Vlc may have an ugly interface, but it's been a godsend since it just plays everything and works on every OS under the sun.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I mostly use VLC these days, but when I did watch anime, nothing could beat Media Player Classic + Kawaii Codec Pack. VLC was still not up to a lot of subtitle tasks, and also didn't deal with compression all that well for cell shaded images.

Edited by injurai

• Like 6

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"