F U N N Y S T U F F

Amentep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKf-s0d4q4o

If you haven't seen this, this guy is doing a 'PC building guide' and it's blindly obvious that he has never done this before and didn't read the installation instructions for the hardware either. 

Edit : Spoiler, he squirts extra thermal paste on the existing layer from the manufacturer of his CPU cooler because what is there is 'usually not enough'.

• Like 4

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

My favorite parts are that he just layers more thermal paste on top of the factory paste (if you're going to buy superior paste, get rid of the cheap factory stuff) and the fact that he shows off his new build by playing LoL.  Nothing against LoL, fine game, but maybe not the ideal title to show off the graphical prowess of your $2000 build.   :lol:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My favorite parts are that he just layers more thermal paste on top of the factory paste (if you're going to buy superior paste, get rid of the cheap factory stuff) and the fact that he shows off his new build by playing LoL.  Nothing against LoL, fine game, but maybe not the ideal title to show off the graphical prowess of your $2000 build.   :lol:

Notice how he said that if anything broke he could swap out a part and 'have it serviced without losing the entire computer'.   I think he's one of those Mac animals, that's how he managed to live this long and not know any of this. 

(some of my best friends etc etc)

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Something in there about hunting for a ring

• Like 5

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKf-s0d4q4o

If you haven't seen this, this guy is doing a 'PC building guide' and it's blindly obvious that he has never done this before and didn't read the installation instructions for the hardware either. 

Edit : Spoiler, he squirts extra thermal paste on the existing layer from the manufacturer of his CPU cooler because what is there is 'usually not enough'.

Sometimes I think a lot of these journalist's are compulsive elitists. The ego and lack of preparation, lack of domain expertise, and the lack of integrity, it's just all so tiring and endlessly frustrating to have to navigate as the reader/watcher. It seems the modus operandi is "redact if caught." Another sad thing is that they use every mean negative comment to play the victim and drum up empathy of their flawed operations.

Edited by injurai
  • Like 2

Journalists act outside their expertise all the time, especially with interns and lower staffing levels in the internet age. With fake news and SJWs and the rest the immediate response when called on it is to go hyper defensive. That's not really elitism, more just circling the wagons around a non expert 'expert' as they know they may be next. And for this specific case PCMR types tend to hate pseudo expert Casual Tech types way more than outright consolers.

Of course, the reason that video got so much traction was that it makers almost every single potential build mistake possible to still end up with a working product like a parody, but was actually dead serious about being an 'expert' guide, and The Verge went defensive and eventually pulled the video just as the 1st wave of laughter and memes was dying down. That's a great 2-in-1 combo of Poe's Law and Streisand Effect.

(My favourite part is his anti static device being a completely useless plain plastic wristband, though the thermal paste application is more memeable)

The true wristbands have a cable that runs down to an alligator clip that you attach to your case. But you don't need one as long as you ground yourself by touching your case to offload any static you've built up before touch a circuit board or further interacting with your computers internals. Plus mobos are quite sturdy and It's only the occasional misplaced spark that you really have to worry about.

• Like 1

I've probably posted this before, but for anyone looking to get inspired for some pathfinder kingmaker :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

toggl-if-the-world-was-created-by-a-prog

And that is why the Simulation Hypothesis can't be true.

The hubris of Man, that dare compare God's flawless code with their facsimile.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Flawless code? That depends on whether quantum mechanics and relativity are intentional. :p

They both are and they're not, that's the beauty of it.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Flawless code? That depends on whether quantum mechanics and relativity are intentional. :p

You'd also never in a million years deliberately design bellows system lungs for your favourite creation having designed the far more efficient parabronchial system in birds beforehand.

Checkmate, theists.

You'd also never in a million years deliberately design bellows system lungs for your favourite creation having designed the far more efficient parabronchial system in birds beforehand.

Checkmate, theists.

You obviously never had to work on product development and had to deal with limitations. When it comes to emergent systems and dependencies it is very difficult to have ideal; you can have perfection only insofar as you can't add or take anything from it within the design restraints. Meaning that what we have is as good as it can get without a complete redesign of biology. 

It seems atheist for all their self aggrandizing rhetoric can't come up with tangible ways in that the Universe could have been made better; an endeavor which would have them admitting that they don't know as much as they pretend to.

village_idiot.gif