F U N N Y S T U F F

Amentep

dunno, but rifle skillz might not be the best measure o' character.  

HA! Good Fun!

ps edited out image to reduce thread clutter

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

It was a measure of kewl. Capische?

*chuckle*

yeah, we got it, but you do realize the same reasoning has Charles Whitman and Lee Harvey Oswald as arbiters o' kewl. 

capisce?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The point was "takes a do-gooder to know a do-gooder" where Kaep is being acknowledged by someone who took out the highest profile terrorist of the modern era. The point wasn't derived from having aim.

"if the first person to ever 360 no scope a terrorist..."

the arbiter o' kewl is being specific acknowledged for marksmanship and his capacity to kill... which is both weird and disturbing as, once again, such traits put him in company with the aforementioned luminaries mentioned in the fmj video.  

the guy is a seal and went through profoundly taxing training... am gonna assume as a given that he has diligent and honorable served his country and is deserving of much respect. even so, the notion that the sailor's lethality makes him a judge o' what is kewl is downright creepy... which were the point o' the full metal jacket scene.

HA! Good Fun!

It doesn't work if the person in question is not in someway vindicated with respect to their actions. The "360 no scope" is just a reference to call of duty to spice up the praise of the Seal. The important part lies in the killing of the terrorist. The Seal is vindicated over an action that could otherwise be reduced (as you're doing ad absurdum) to merely killing. The point is that this guy brought about a good from an ugly situation. It's supposed to gives him an authoritative voice on similar issues due to his experiences. Yeah, that could be the appeal to authority fallacy, but that doesn't mean people can't developed informed opinions from their experiences. He his using his perspective to acknowledge the importance, but more importantly the inherent goodness that underlies Kaepernick's actions.

Further, "Kaep cool" is being used to say, "Kaepernick is alright." Which get's back the the whole focus on backing up his action as being a good act, as opposed to otherwise. The heart of this is vindicating that which is good. It's a good guy backing another good guy.

I feel like you're just trying belittle and gripe something which was intentionally a cheeky endorsement of this Seal's comments.

I feel like you're just trying belittle and gripe something which was intentionally a cheeky endorsement of this Seal's comments.

and am thinking you defense o' what you refer to a "cheeky endorsement," is obtuse. you mighta', from the start, admitted your Jarvis repost were silly/stooped humor, but instead you defended the implausible and untenable notion that Jarvis were not speaking to the sailor's killing prowess with his, "if the first person to ever 360 no scope a terrorist," comment. 

is literal thousands o' military personnel defending Kaepernick in social media and elsewhere.

https://www.businessinsider.com/veterans-support-colin-kaepernick-2016-8

only one example o' an article. 

coulda' chosen any o' the multitude o' endorsements to make a point that serviceman, who has put their lives on the line in defense o' the Constitution, is supporting kaepernick.  instead you choose cheeky, an endorsement which specific identifies the sailor's killing prowess as reason why the sailor's opinion o' kewl should be accepted.... 'cause is a funny thread. you presumably thought jarvis' comments were humorous as you posted in the funny thread. we has now stated how such is only funny in same way as were the black humor o' the scene from full metal jacket.  myopic at the least.  disconcerting and disquieting? perhaps.

however, once again, am appearing to have reached a dead-end. 

HA! Good Fun!

By posting in this thread I think it's implied to be silly/stupid humor, but I guess I should have admitted that I was up to posting silly stupid humor? To de-obtuse for you this "defense", I do humor you an explanation of the post, seeing as you managed to not grasp it regardless of how trite it may be.

The dude commented on something that crossed by his feed, but you expect him to seek out other opportunities to make an endorsement. Why is this young twitter user being held to such high standards by you over a type of humor you seem to have no interest in? If to not imply your garner some _-ism, I do mean to imply your willfully crotchety. You ignore the meaning behind the words, and acting like he could have simply chosen to speak differently than how he speaks. How about you drop your forum role-play speak and you might just find you'd have the mental bandwidth available to understand someone else's way of saying something.

Do elaborate on how this is only funny in the myopic sense of black humor. Humor me that.

• Like 1

She is an entitled brat that used every card she could think off when trying to influence the empire. The US really must live in a world of its own when they support and cheer **** like this.

It's pretty funny to think that someone with more grand slam titles than any player in history is entitled. You don't need the 'en' there. She is fully titled.

You can act entitled even though you are successful - see Cristiano Ronaldo for example.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I didn't even know Ajax made a dish soap, always associated them with bleach.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Do elaborate on how this is only funny in the myopic sense of black humor. Humor me that.

you posted here, not "the dude."  do not conflate his error with yours. and we has already humored you... multiple times.  what you linked is funny only in same way were the scene from full metal jacket. difference is stanley kubrick were trying to be sardonic. point to video gamesque, real-life, killing skills as a reason for judging kewl is misguided and creepy. only thing funny 'bout your post were the fundamental miscomprehension.  based on the comments you include, charles whitman and lee harvey oswald should have same right to claim arbiter o' kewl. video-game esque rifle skillz?  is guys who served in the military and had excellent marksmanship. so what is different? killing a terrorist as 'posed to harry walchuck? 

might be a generational thing.  lord knows if our father or grandfather ever caught us joking 'bout the kewl factor o' shooting a person with firearms, we woulda' got a whooping when young and a severe admonishment even when older.  heck, if we ever made jokes 'bout killing fauna we would have received a beating. our father didn't serve in combat, but uncles did and they were similarly angered by those who would marginalize just what it meant to take the life o' another human. most (admitted not all) the combat veterans we has known seem to understand that killing is a possible necessity, but once removed from combat, it ain't funny or a benchmark o' kewl.

provisio: have had to interview enough military guys as part o' work to know behavior while serving is often much different than personality and behavior once home.  ardent, church-going, mediators, who never utter an unkind word, admit how while in iraq or afghanistan they couldn't finish a sentence w/o vulgarity... and far worse. can't use civilian, peacetime standards to judge combat troops, but injurai, presumably, don't have such an excuse.  if injurai is current deployed, then perhaps he deserves a pass for finding funny that which should be seen as dark humor.

speaking o' humor, am thinking we has gone far beyond mere humoring.  am not certain how many more explanations you require, but subsequent requests for enlightenment is likely to be ignored. 

HA! Good Fun!

apologies for double-post.

I didn't even know Ajax made a dish soap, always associated them with bleach.

as a kid am recalling the green, cylindrical, cardboard ajax cans which were, for some peculiar reason, called bleach by folks.  nowadays, the powdered ajax does contain bleach but the thing is, the ajax products o' our youth contained ammonia. am not certain there were enough ammonia in oldie ajax to be toxic when mixed with bleach, but am well aware one should never mix bleach and ammonia.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mixing+bleach+and+ammonia+death&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS699US699&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwifnNPX-bDdAhXTMX0KHdNaCwgQ_AUICigB&biw=1898&bih=955

can't help but wonder how many folks combined oldie ajax with bleach over the years. no doubt the lawyers helped put an end to the mistakes.

HA! Good Fun!

Ah chlorine gas. Everyone's first experience with nearly killing themselves with ignorance. :lol:

Reminds me of a great line from the movie Tremors "Just a few common household chemicals mixed in the proper proportions"

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

We had a couple of days off high school due to a janitor mixing the two. Good times. Frankly since the cool kids used to smoke right next to a gas station, I think we were lucky.

Edited by Malcador

Did the janitor get inprisoned,r aped, and murdered by the police like he would now?

Nah, he wasn't brown.

I find those edits superior to both the original Marvel movies and Mamma Mia.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

cwQNtoorxCyO6rfTG-ZIGveb9tca6EqN5b5v16IS

• Like 6

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.