F U N N Y S T U F F

Amentep

Yep

Don't overthink it.  :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I think the ump overkilled it with the first penalty with the 'whole coaching' thing which is absolutely a dumb rule but her overreactioin is ridiculous. Of course, she had to bring race, gender, and even motherhood. COME ON. Last I checked, her opponent was also a woman. I wonder if the judge has done Serena matches before so  is this the first time  he was being 'sexist'?

Plus, the winner was absolutely better than her in that match. So stop make excuses. then afater all that, she started crying like  alittle baby and pouting because she didn't win. LAMO PATHETIC.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OILrXggTjpQ

I don't know if it's funny or sad. But it did get a laugh out of me when she said that she was a mother.

Also shame on the audience for booing the winner.

Not sure what is funny about this. Do they not use playback to clarify contentions? If she called him a thief under false perception that is no reason to punish her, if she was robbed of a point then the wordage was correct and was used to make the umpire understand the ramifications of the ruling.

She is working hard to earn her results and needs to have the results be fair and correct. He can sit there calm and expert her to only engage with the same nonchalance towards time as he can. Really sad all around.

Not sure what is funny about this. Do they not use playback to clarify contentions? If she called him a thief under false perception that is no reason to punish her, if she was robbed of a point then the wordage was correct and was used to make the umpire understand the ramifications of the ruling.

She is working hard to earn her results and needs to have the results be fair and correct. He can sit there calm and expert her to only engage with the same nonchalance towards time as he can. Really sad all around.

Are you for real? She freaked out on him because she got a warning, them smashed her racket which got a point taken from her, then she threatened the umpire (along with all the other **** she said) and deservedly got penalized with a game for it.

She is an entitled brat that used every card she could think off when trying to influence the empire. The US really must live in a world of its own when they support and cheer **** like this.

Edited by Sarex
  • Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Are you for real? She freaked out on him because she got a warning, them smashed her racket which got a point taken from her, then she threatened the umpire (along with all the other **** she said) and deservedly got penalized with a game for it.

She is an entitled brat that used every card she could think off when trying to influence the empire. The US really must live in a world of its own when they support and cheer **** like this.

More like a man has power over a woman therefore he's not just wrong, he's the devil. I'm fond of strict rulings and adherence to the book in sports (specially when it conveniently affects one team and not the other) but she threw a major hissyfit and threatened him. Fair would be to ban her for a period of time for her misconduct.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Well, I'm just going on what I could gather from that clip. It seemed to pick up at a point where she perceives a point was unfairly taken, then after which she get's emotional over it. It seemed also that she was frustrated that other players can mouth off much worse without incurring penalties and she felt like she deserved the chance to have a ruling reviewed. If it was just a warning that she went off over, then I can understand how she might be in the wrong.

Well, I'm just going on what I could gather from that clip. It seemed to pick up at a point where she perceives a point was unfairly taken, then after which she get's emotional over it. It seemed also that she was frustrated that other players can mouth off much worse without incurring penalties and she felt like she deserved the chance to have a ruling reviewed. If it was just a warning that she went off over, then I can understand how she might be in the wrong.

She got pinged initially for her coach illegally coaching her from the stand via hand gestures which he admitted to doing post match but she probably did not see, and which she insisted at the time on court was not happening. She then broke her racket which was the second violation, and ranted at the umpire which was the third and which cost her a game. I don't think she has a leg to stand on in the 'hard done by' stakes- the penalties were all deserved- though obviously that was a tournament she would have wanted to win far more than most which would have contributed to her emotional response.

She also has a history with that umpire, he's penalised her before. But all the ranting and sexism stuff was just incoherent emotional rambling immediately compromised by her coach admitting he had been coaching her from the stand, the accusation of which is what prompted her meltdown.

Edited by Zoraptor

"Considering the officials took her side and sang her praises, I doubt anything will happen."

It isn't gonna hurt her bottom line, but  considering she was fined, something did happen. So, stop your ignorance. It is embarrassing.

She got pinged initially for her coach illegally coaching her from the stand via hand gestures which he admitted to doing post match but she probably did not see, and which she insisted at the time on court was not happening. She then broke her racket which was the second violation, and ranted at the umpire which was the third and which cost her a game. I don't think she has a leg to stand on in the 'hard done by' stakes- the penalties were all deserved- though obviously that was a tournament she would have wanted to win far more than most which would have contributed to her emotional response.

She also has a history with that umpire, he's penalised her before. But all the ranting and sexism stuff was just incoherent emotional rambling immediately compromised by her coach admitting he had been coaching her from the stand, the accusation of which is what prompted her meltdown.

Things are starting to come full circle... that is a really bad look. At any rate, congrats to Naomi Osaka, she won it handily regardless.

OK, back to the funny stuff

41350770_1969413906450165_51862938273500

• Like 6

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

OK, back to the funny stuff

41350770_1969413906450165_51862938273500

How do they know how many times he did it? Counting the number of handkerchiefs wouldn't be reliable as more than one can be used after a session.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

did he die at the scene  or at the hospital and he was asked on his death bed? What  a weird situation no matter what. I guess, after dying in the middle of actual sex with another person, this is the 2nd best way to die? I guess? *shrug* RIP

It's pretty funny to think that someone with more grand slam titles than any player in history is entitled. You don't need the 'en' there. She is fully titled.

• Like 1