The Imperial Fanatic

post-195567-0-90514800-1533762770_thumb.png

This is another thematic build (so not 100% min/max). 

It ends up being tank enough to just run into the fray (with support) and most of boss fights were WAY easier than they should have been because of the amount of crits I could pump out with Last Word silencing the mobs.

I just wanted to make a Warrior Priest and this was the result. It was a really fun toon to play that was resistant to every affliction and I even got the party efficient enough that I could let my custom AI run almost all the fights (with a little micro for consumables and empowers).

Last word locking down Concelhaut for the whole fight was HILARIOUS

Game Version: 2.0

Difficulty: PotD (+all Upscale, no mods)

Solo: Untested

Race: Human

Class: Fanatic [berserker/Bleakwalker]

Home: The Living Lands

Background: Explorer

Stats: (not including blessings)

Mig: 20

Con: 10

Dex: 16

Per: 16

Int: 12

Res: 4

Skills:

Active: Split Alchemy : Athletics

Passive: History

Abilities:

Frenzy

FoD

Sworn enemy

Deep faith

Blooded

Thick skin

Zealous aura

Two weapon style

Divine purpose

One stands alone

Eternal Devotion

Bloodlust

Sworn rival

Blood frenzy

Exalted focus

Mental fortress

Inspired path

Interrupting blows

Scion of flame

Iron gut or Clear head (based on which enchant you put on DoC BP)

Righteous Soul

Brute force

Virtuous Triumph

Barbaric blow

Barbaric smash

Retribution

Bloodthirst

Equipment

Main weapon: Magran’s favor + Last Word (used lastword + bardatto’s until I could get Resounding call, double hammer so win on looks, until I could get the axe)

Backup weapons: Glacierbane + Last Word

Heaven’s Cacophony

Charm of Bones

Devil of Caroc BP (plan the resistance to complement ability choice)

Ring of greater regen

Ring of Focused Flame

Boots of the stone

The Giftbearer’s Cloth

Boltcatchers

Gwyn’s bridal garter

Pet: Nalvi (Used Abraham until I got Nalvi) 

Edited by Theosupus
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

That may explain it. It also says "character" build instead of class build and I usually search for [CLASS BUILD].

Not that character build is wrong or so. I just didn't check that combo I guess.

Will put it in when I'm home!

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 1 month later...

This build seriously sounds more like Valten (who was dualwield warhammers in some iterations of WFB) than Luthor Huss - whom I assume the picture depicts. And the Bleakwalker is definitely not the right RP angle! ;) But a fascinating build; I did not realize that a Barbarian can reach such high crit rate. I will definitely try this build in the future.

Edited by Lampros

This build seriously sounds more like Valten (who was dualwield warhammers in some iterations of WFB) than Luthor Huss - whom I assume the picture depicts. And the Bleakwalker is definitely not the right RP angle! ;) But a fascinating build; I did not realize that a Barbarian can reach such high crit rate. I will definitely try this build in the future.

I ran with:

Tekehu

Xoti (with gear slightly modified)

Eder (as a rogue w/ dual mortars)

Last slot floated between Serafen and Maia (with slight gear adjusts) until the final quest when I lost Maia.

So between the frenzy hit>crit and all the buffs he was a crit machine that synergized with full attack spamming and Last word rather well.

Edited by Theosupus
  • Like 1

I ran with:

Tekehu

Xoti (with gear slightly modified)

Eder (as a rogue w/ dual mortars)

Last slot floated between Serafen and Maia (with slight gear adjusts) until the final quest when I lost Maia.

So between the frenzy hit>crit and all the buffs he was a crit machine that synergized with full attack spamming and Last word rather well.

Faster DPS/CC-wise, wouldn't this even work better with Fighter/Barbarian?

But I guess you didn't want to lose the static defenses?

FoD then finish mobs off with barbaric smash (Refund rage on kill) with a possibility to refund zeal on kill (later on with Virtuous Triumph). 

Between the two refund skills I never ran out of resources on non-boss fights (and they are both full attacks).

I wanted the hardiness of the Pally to make up for the zerker's squishiness (and I wanted at least one pally aura for the group as well) and "Fanatic" is exactly what I think of when I think of the Warrior Priests.

• Like 1

FoD then finish mobs off with barbaric smash (Refund rage on kill) with a possibility to refund zeal on kill (later on with Virtuous Triumph). 

Between the two refund skills I never ran out of resources on non-boss fights (and they are both full attacks).

I wanted the hardiness of the Pally to make up for the zerker's squishiness (and I wanted at least one pally aura for the group as well) and "Fanatic" is exactly what I think of when I think of the Warrior Priests.

Sounds about right ;)

I am going to start a game with this build in a few hours. It's going to have to be a 2 off-tank front-line with Holy Slayer.

• 2 weeks later...

P.S. You don't use some form of a jump/run skill to quickly close with a caster and take them down? (I use Charge and Shadow Step a lot, and Barbarians have a version of these, too, no?)

Serafen or Maia killed the casters. Serafen was my quick reaction jumper as needed (and maia just shot people to death fast). I'd either send this guy at the biggest baddie on the screen or let the AI pick for him.

• 6 months later...
1 minute ago, Moritsuna said:

Hello, this build doesn't have savage defiance or lay on hands? Do you just rely on companions for healing?

Yes, when needed (which was rare), I used companions or consumables. I had Tekehu and Xoti on my run through.