cape of the falling star - lone traveller

downstroy

Question

Hello,

1°) I don't know if it's intentional but the pet count as an ally and remove the lone traveler buff. Which makes it nearly impossible to use for a solo character because the pet can't be commanded.

2°) The description of the lone traveler is confusing: it says 

- Self

+ 7 all defenses (including deflection)

- when not near allies (seems like from 1°), pet counts as an ally), the wearer gains bonus to Fortitude, reflex and Will.

It is not true, when tested in-game, it actually also give a bonus to deflection.

Thanks for clarifying the matter.

Edited by downstroy

3 answers to this question

Hey Downstroy!

Very observant of you!  Both of these things are bugs.  I checked our bug database and it looks like these issues have already been fixed by our Programming and Systems Designer teams.  The fixes are currently being tested by the QA team and are likely to be implemented in an upcoming patch soon!  Keep an eye on the forums for the latest patch notes which will show the bug fixes being implemented to Deadfire.

As a more direct response: The pet should not count as an ally and Lone Traveler is intended to provide deflection but is not currently displaying this.

I hope this answers your questions.  Please don't hesitate to reach out to us again in the future!

Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

As an update and new clarification, it appears that the kapana taga "lone champion" also doesn't trigger when the pet is near the player wearing the mace. Is it intended behaviour? It seems rather counter-intuitive that a non-controllable party member counts as an ally.

Edited by downstroy

Hey Downstroy!

Very observant of you!  Both of these things are bugs.  I checked our bug database and it looks like these issues have already been fixed by our Programming and Systems Designer teams.  The fixes are currently being tested by the QA team and are likely to be implemented in an upcoming patch soon!  Keep an eye on the forums for the latest patch notes which will show the bug fixes being implemented to Deadfire.

As a more direct response: The pet should not count as an ally and Lone Traveler is intended to provide deflection but is not currently displaying this.

I hope this answers your questions.  Please don't hesitate to reach out to us again in the future!

Thanks for the help!

For Rangers...is it intentional that your own animal companion nullifies the buff as well?