Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The best tank in the game? Herald vs Crusader

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Tommy1984

Tommy1984

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I was getting around this deflection on my Unbroken/Trickster (Def. 169)  and I still couldn't solo tank the Famypr cave (they were hitting me enough to get thru, especially if I got flanked).  Even chugging potions and castin a few Moonwells (where the Deflection was supressed for some reason) didn't allow me to kill them all before they killed me.  Nemnok cave facetanking was slightly better but still not easy.   I could really use some help finding a better build that won't get hit - it seems on PoTD they crank up enemy to-hits so much .... also Mirrored goes away after even 1 hit gets thru .

As I completed my PotD Solo (Triple Crown + Magran Challenge + Berath Challenge) playthrough recently, I can share my experience with a herald. A had around 130-140 deflection, build focus was healing with Ancient Memory / Exalted Endurance and killing with summons. Nemnok is easy - there you can facetank everything. Fampyr Cave / Splintered Reef are more complicated, because you need Acolyte's Frostbite for free Concentration and Modwyr for Intellect affliction immunity. Getting Charmed/Dominated is annoying, because the Enemy AI often changes your Paladin Aura ... so you have to switch your weapon sets a little bit. Sometimes when you get damage spikes you need Greater Lay on Hand or Healing Potions, but in general its really easy with this class. It is not a build that won't get hit, but it is a build that survives this kind of stuff.

• brasilgringo likes this

Malkoy

Malkoy

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 53 posts

I was getting around this deflection on my Unbroken/Trickster (Def. 169)  and I still couldn't solo tank the Famypr cave (they were hitting me enough to get thru, especially if I got flanked).  Even chugging potions and castin a few Moonwells (where the Deflection was supressed for some reason) didn't allow me to kill them all before they killed me.  Nemnok cave facetanking was slightly better but still not easy.   I could really use some help finding a better build that won't get hit - it seems on PoTD they crank up enemy to-hits so much .... also Mirrored goes away after even 1 hit gets thru .

As I completed my PotD Solo (Triple Crown + Magran Challenge + Berath Challenge) playthrough recently, I can share my experience with a herald. A had around 130-140 deflection, build focus was healing with Ancient Memory / Exalted Endurance and killing with summons. Nemnok is easy - there you can facetank everything. Fampyr Cave / Splintered Reef are more complicated, because you need Acolyte's Frostbite for free Concentration and Modwyr for Intellect affliction immunity. Getting Charmed/Dominated is annoying, because the Enemy AI often changes your Paladin Aura ... so you have to switch your weapon sets a little bit. Sometimes when you get damage spikes you need Greater Lay on Hand or Healing Potions, but in general its really easy with this class. It is not a build that won't get hit, but it is a build that survives this kind of stuff.

Cap's Banquet would be easier to get then leveling Modwyr :p

thundercleese

thundercleese

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 393 posts
There's also a drink (Wael's something) that gives int affliction immunity at the cost of I think -1 DEX. Easier and cheaper to get than captains banquet, however if you are solo and/or don't need to rest then yeah banquet is better.

Tommy1984

Tommy1984

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

There's also a drink (Wael's something) that gives int affliction immunity at the cost of I think -1 DEX. Easier and cheaper to get than captains banquet, however if you are solo and/or don't need to rest then yeah banquet is better.

No, captains banquet was not an option, Intellect affliction are too situational - so its not worth to use your food bonus on these ... Modwyr is enough. Best immunity food for herald class is Shark Soup (+2 Might, +1 All Power Levels, Immune to Constitution afflictions, Immune to Dexterity afflictions, Immune to Might afflictions), because reduced healing from constitution affliction is one of the only things that can kill you, also dexterity/might afflictions are bad, because Stunned/Paralyzed stops your chanting. But in my playthrough I used Hylea's Bounty (+10 all defenses, +2 all skills, 25% max health) with stacked rest bonuses (like Dawnstar's blessing ... see my guide).

Edited by Tommy1984, 13 August 2018 - 01:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users