Game Updates Breaking Mods?

I've downloaded quite a few mods from Nexus and I've noticed that some of them work and others don't.

The only reason I can think of for this, is because the mods were made for different versions of the game. So some mods that were made a couple of months ago, no longer work with the newer version of the game.

This is something that worries me and makes me afraid to update my game. It also makes me hesitant to publicly share my mods, cause what works in my game might be totally broken for somebody who has the latest DLC and updates.

Is this going to be a problem for mod authors? Personally, the idea of having to redo all my mods every time there's a game update, just leaves me cold :(

Updates don't necessarily break mods, it just depends on what the devs changed.

The more irritating part of updating mods is when your mod is not broken, but it doesn't match the current version... And the users get irritated with the red warning triangle.

And lastly, if you don't want to update, then don't (whether it's broken or not). Just make a note that you're not updating and people are free to do what they want with what you have posted (the permissions).

in any patch note (like here) Bmac reports which changes has been done about Mods. So just stay updated  following his thread after any patch