It allows you to forget PEN entirely. Which is a good thing. ;)

But the point of one handed style is to generate crits. And crits' +25% dmg bonus is not enough to make up for the loss of the offhand. You need overpenetration from time to time to reach good dps. And the Energy Blade will never get Overpenetration.

In my opinion direct raw damage should always and automatically overpenetrate. As an inherent bonus. Then the lower base damage makes some sense which seems to be a leftover of PoE where we had DR and not AR. How can a weapon that has to puncture armor do 30% more damage than a similar weapon that just ignores armor entirely? Does the armor suck the first weapon further in once it has overpenetrated or what? :)

Ehh I'm just happy to swing a lightsaber around. All I need now are proper Jedi robes hehe.

It does look very cool at least. :)

I don't know how often we will have to explain that conversion rates don't stack additively. I think I already wrote more than 20 posts about it. :)

We should make a sticky thread with an explanation...

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It allows you to forget PEN entirely. Which is a good thing. ;)

But the point of one handed style is to generate crits. And crits' +25% dmg bonus is not enough to make up for the loss of the offhand. You need overpenetration from time to time to reach good dps. And the Energy Blade will never get Overpenetration.

In my opinion direct raw damage should always and automatically overpenetrate. As an inherent bonus. Then the lower base damage makes some sense which seems to be a leftover of PoE where we had DR and not AR. How can a weapon that has to puncture armor do 30% more damage than a similar weapon that just ignores armor entirely? Does the armor suck the first weapon further in once it has overpenetrated or what? :)

I 100% agree. I was answering a bit out of the context, because I was surprised myself of the AEB efficiency and i wanted to share. My watcher dual wields saber/pistol, so the crit rate is not that high in PotD despite a good emphasis on accuracy. On the other hand, with his really fast attack speed, he pumps out a steady flow of raw damage without having to rely on rng.

For single hand style, there is little to no reason to use AEB (apart from style points)

About the auto-overpen: I think would be adding a layer of mechanics where you can just tune the base raw damage. But I see where you're coming from in terms of logic. I guess I'm just not too stressed about the log, as long as the final number makes sense :)

It does look very cool at least. :)

I don't know how often we will have to explain that conversion rates don't stack additively. I think I already wrote more than 20 posts about it. :)

We should make a sticky thread with an explanation...

Including my first build thread :)

100% agree about a sticky, could include some other basic mehanics people may not be aware of too; how PEN works on lashes, buffs/debuffs that do/don't stack etc.