Anybody use it? I'm planning some builds, but can't find a place in wich it is superior or even on par with dual wielding ( better mainly for full attacks) or 2h weapon ( better for single attacks/ dmg).

Basically, as you got +12 accuracy, +15% hit to crit conversion, the style itself scream for a critical build.

So we have

monk: mainly swift flurry + heatbeat gives you about 50% to get another attack after a crit. Our better bet.

Streetfighter: +100% crit dmg when flanked AND bloodied. Good but tricky to activate and more to mantain

Devoted: +20% crit dmg, +2 pen. Not much more

Skald: 50% of get a phrase after a crit. Imho pretty meh, since you get phareses fast enough even with base chanter, if you relly want them fast a troubador with brisk recitation does much better then a skal with a crit build

Ranger: stellar accuracy for even more crits, but no skills to capitalize upon them

No other memorable option comes to mind. Spells does NOT get bonus accuracy, so as a caster you are better served by sword&shield style usually.

Item-wise:

- gauntlets of +10% crit dmg

- axes get +20% crit dmg

- lot of weapons with wimpy on-crit effect but nothing that justify a build by itself

Common talents: improved crit for +10% crit dmg

Monk - devoted/skald could be a thing, but i can't belive that there aren't better options... Ideas?

one handed style + pukestabber + ranger basically perma CC anyone u put him up against as long as they are able to puke. Rusts stiletto is another great 1h style weapon.

there's also an alcoholic drink that increases crit dmg with 25%

Edited by Dorftek

Blackjacket/X with Fleshmender, Quickswap and 4 single wielded pistols/blunderbusses.

You could call it the Galleon build, first you fire 4 guns, then you "Jibe", and then you fire again :)

IIRC a few of the firearms have nice on-crit effects. Like Thundercrack's paralyze on crit(Overload enchantment), or Xefa's Empirical Explication Matter Repulsion?

Permanent paralyze Chanter with Ila nocked her...

Or perhaps a DoT applying build. Assassin/X with Alchemy. Do the Axe modal DoT increase in Damage/Duration?

Barbarian also have a nice raw dmg dot from blood frenzy wich triggers on crits but I'm not sure if it stacks with itself.

A berserker/devoted with pukestabber might be very neat, but honestly I'd rather go unbroken so I could have the option to switch weapon against enemies that don't puke. Tons of hit to crit conversions on that build, add the new ring from the deck of many things for another 15% when u have made some money. I'm not sure how hit to crit stacking work tho?

There exist build around scroll of Avenging Storm , Gypsy Thunder
But this build miss some very important abilities that speed up fighting with multiple mobs, like Stun Surge, Rooting Pain, Soul Mirror (I also suggest to select Unbending and pick Helwalker subclass)

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

I played Brawler 1h for awhile. Wasnt bad. Thinking about Shadowdancer, mostly for Riposte. Wonder if % of riposte attacks will be higher than procs of mob stance kills.

A longer one will replace a short one.

That’s how it works in real life too.

That’s why she left me. ;(

(This is joke, I am not actually depressed, I think)

Now I finally know why you're so obsessed with bananas. :p

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

For somewhat arbitrary role-playing reasons, I'm probably making my next character a Devoted-Skald who uses War Hammers.  A War Hammer War Caller, if you will. 

It's almost certainly not optimal (i.e., it's not the singing scimitar), but it's stylish, and War Hammers certainly have some things to recommend them--  high PEN, a dual damage-type, you can get one of the best ones very early (20 PER turns off the traps at Sandswept Ruins, so, with good starting PER and some drugs, you can run for Last Word straight from Maje), and all 3 of the unique War Hammers have odd and interesting on-crit effects available.

I am still debating with myself whether I should go with 1-handed or dual-wielded Hammers.  Stylistically, I'd prefer 1-handed, but I suspect that the consensus in favor of dual-wielding is correct from an effectiveness point-of-view, and it generally is more fun to get to use more interesting gear. 

Well, this is the One Handed Style build I came up with. Sure, it's basically a Skald crit-farming build that probably doesn't match a DW equivalent in terms of DPS, but I had fun playing a character that had to out-think the opposition to achieve victory, as opposed to simply out-smashing or out-zapping them. :grin:

I tried to create a strong one handed build to utilize Animancer's Energy Blade. The result was that I used the console to get a second blade and went dual wield, just to suck less.

True story.

In fairness, Animancer's Energy Blade is the pits.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

The problem is that everything i try to do with 1 hand style come out to become better if i simply dual wield, apart from assasdination that is better with a 2hander...

I'll need to brew more

Cunning Duelist?

Otherwise, yeah, you got me.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

In fairness, Animancer's Energy Blade is the pits.

I used to think that, but it actually helped me quite a bit in Beast of Winter PotD, where mobs and bosses have very high armor ratings. Delivering a steady 25-30 dmg every 2 seconds was what turned the big fights around.

Edited by Myrtillo

It allows you to forget PEN entirely. Which is a good thing. ;)

But the point of one handed style is to generate crits. And crits' +25% dmg bonus is not enough to make up for the loss of the offhand. You need overpenetration from time to time to reach good dps. And the Energy Blade will never get Overpenetration.

In my opinion direct raw damage should always and automatically overpenetrate. As an inherent bonus. Then the lower base damage makes some sense which seems to be a leftover of PoE where we had DR and not AR. How can a weapon that has to puncture armor do 30% more damage than a similar weapon that just ignores armor entirely? Does the armor suck the first weapon further in once it has overpenetrated or what? :)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I tried a Rogue Assassin and Fighter Devoted with spears and really enjoy it. One spear has dual damage type too.

Extra accuracy, raw damage, flank damage etc.

Mask of the Grotto for stealth raw damage and the new boot that provide invisibility with a crit. Extra accuracy and crit damage while stealthed once per encounter.

Insane damage with cleaving stance once you have clustered the enemies together with sparkle crackers.

Sadly one handed is not optimal, maybe only if you get monk as a multiclass because the chance to do two or more hits on critical strikes.  I tried sort of a "Saint blade".

Got a Devoted fighter (+2 pen and +25% critical damage) + 25% chance from disciplined barrages + 20% chance from one handed weapons + 10%  chance from fair favor and  + 2% per hit from Min's Fortune +5% uncanny luck = 62 % critical chance.
Extra damage goes 25% from devoted + 10% from Fair Favor + 15% from Min's Fortune + 10% from improved critical + 25% from precognition.  75% critical damage.

My monk is a Helwalker. So usually i ended up with +10 Might, but to survive i got.

-10% damage from the undying burden.
- 75% damage from critical from precognition.
- 5% weapon damage from Garari Cuirass
- 15% incoming hits converted to grazes Garari Cuirass

From skills

- Refreshing Defense.
- Unbending Trunk
- Iron Wheel

- blade turning

For increased damage, because full attack don't work on single or 2handed.
My main damage skills are Mule Kick (+25% damage) and Skyward Kick (+50% damage)

Adding all the stats from gear and buffs i got about (with berath blessings)
38 - 43 Might (depending food and rest buffs) - 16 base + 2 blessing  + 1 gift from the machine + 1 sacrifice + 2 gauntlets + 1 ring + 10  wounds subclass + 5 Thunderous Blows.
33 Cons - 14 base + 2 blessing + 2 belt + 5 priest buff + 10 Iron wheel
21 dex - 14 base + 2 blessing + 5 buff (quick)
17 Int - 10 base + 2 blessing + 5 priest buff
14 Per  - 12 base + 2 blessing
14 Res - 12 base + 2 blessing
13 DR - 5 base + 4 legendary + 1 armor skill + 3 iron wheel.
15 - 18 Pen - 7 base + 4 Legendary + 2 Devoted +  2 Thunderous blows + 3 modal (don't remember if its 2 or 3)

Edited by Siegdarth

As i recall modal do not stack with active buffs. So you get pen once

15 - 18 Pen - 7 base + 4 Legendary + 2 Devoted +  2 Thunderous blows + 3 modal (don't remember if its 2 or 3)

Edited by Sifjar