Which build seems more fun from a roleplay perspective?

Hey guys,

So... I've been struggling with a Principi character for a long, long time. What I mean is, I've been having lots of issues with coming up with a class/multiclass combination that synergizes well, and speaks to the idea of a pirate character. Thankfully, I've narrowed it down a bit, but I'd kind of like to get some opinions from the roleplay side of things. Which do you guys think would be more interesting from a roleplay perspective? 

1. Marauder (Berserker/Streetfighter): What I'm currently playing with - I just cleared Maje Island with it, and the dispositions lean pretty heavily toward aggressive and stoic. This presents itself as a fairly standard brute pirate, and while I like the damage it gets, I've found it a bit harder to really get into the roleplay, because the level of nuance I want from my characters is harder to justify with such a character. 

2. Shadowdancer (Streetfighter/Nalpazca): The "Edward Kenway" approach to piracy, a man with a quick wit and roguish charm but a simple upbringing, who enjoys a good drink and a smoke of Whiteleaf. Fights with a Saber in one hand, the Pukestabber in the other, and is rarely sober, but always deadly. Assassin's Creed IV, while definitely not a masterwork, was a rare gem among a rather bland and token series, and Edward was a big part of why I liked it so much. Dispositions would probably run Passionate, Clever, and Aggressive. 

3. Holy Slayer (Darcozzi/Streetfighter): Lots of Streetfighters. Sensing a theme? This is more along the lines of Furrante's version of piracy - the exile noble, the man of wealth and taste, for whom piracy is... something of a leisure activity, rather than a means to make a living. This presents a focused set of dispositions - passionate and clever. That said, I tend to favor Aeldys's vision of the Principi, so I'm not as inclined to play a character who might ideologically align with Furrante. 

So, what do you all think? Personally, I'm leaning toward the second or the third. 

Edited by Cyrus_Blackfeather
  • Like 1

I don't know why, but applying the puke stabber so effectively to your concept really won me over on two, even though it feels like the more obvious choice (I usually lean toward playing against type or whatever). Especially if two is actually in game drunk half or more of the time. You could role play that character really well in this game.

That said, I like how one and two stray a little more from what I'd expect, and I really like how three plays into the lore/game universe. But if one is hard to play /makes talking to characters hard, then I'd only say to go that route to see how much you can push the game when you go that direction. Like a very soft version of dumb playthroughs in Fallout 1 and 2.

I don't know why, but applying the puke stabber so effectively to your concept really won me over on two, even though it feels like the more obvious choice (I usually lean toward playing against type or whatever). Especially if two is actually in game drunk half or more of the time. You could role play that character really well in this game.

I just imagined rolling a drunk MC, recruiting Mirke and custom adventurers with also the drunk pose, and just being an angry mob of drunk asses that gang up on targets with pukestabber and azure blade lol.

• Like 1

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-

Out of the those three choices, I think 2 & 3 would offer the most entertaining RP experiences and really fit with the pirate theme.

Perhaps for the 1st one, it might add some spice playing him with the addition of the cruel disposition. Sorta a Blackbeard or notorious pirate type. That would also make the 1st character mix well with Aeldys / New Blood faction.

• Like 1

Haha, whenever I see an RP character post, I already know its you :)

For me the obvious "more fun" choice would be #2, because you can actually rp a drunk properly in this game. Options 1 and 3 are kinda what you can rp anywhere.

Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do?