Can companions leave if you get them too low in terms of disposition?

I have no idea. I get sad every time my companions get upset with me so I avoid it as much as possible.

Edit : Actually I can make a guess though!

I've read some of the ending slides for companions and whatnot and listened to their negative rep convos via DanaDuchy on YouTube. It sounds like you can keep them the whole way. Post ending, if they hate you, they pretty much leave as soon as possible and don't talk to you again. And some of the negative rep conversations can push them to leave, and it sounds like they sometimes do.

Edited by Tick

I wish there was an option to ask everyone to leave the party forever. Some companions like Maia, Pallegina and Tekehu will leave the party if you take drastic actions against their factions. You can tell Eder to leave after he tells you that he doesn't love you. I think... according to what I read either on this forum or elsewhere you can sell Serafen? (yikes). I don't know if anyone would ever leave just because their rep with the Watcher is -2. At this point I just never recruit some companions because I don't have a way of parting ways non-lethally.

• Like 2

I wish there was an option to ask everyone to leave the party forever. Some companions like Maia, Pallegina and Tekehu will leave the party if you take drastic actions against their factions. You can tell Eder to leave after he tells you that he doesn't love you. I think... according to what I read either on this forum or elsewhere you can sell Serafen? (yikes). I don't know if anyone would ever leave just because their rep with the Watcher is -2. At this point I just never recruit some companions because I don't have a way of parting ways non-lethally.

Which ones are those?

Wait what? That seems messed up. Does Eder actually leave?

Also I'm pretty sure you can try and he runs away, because there's an ending slide that implies he might be planning something nasty for you as a result. That's one of the most awful things I can think of doing to that poor dude.

Which ones are those?

Pardon me but I'm not sure what you're asking here? Which companions leave? Like I wrote, Pallegina, Maia and Tekehu... Am I missing something?

I'm not sure if Eder really leaves but the whole situation is kinda weird. If you play as an orlan and ask him if he has feelings for you he'll give you a pretty racist reason ("but you're an orlan... you know what they say about orlans... but you're not like one of them") and I guess Watcher reacting with rage would be understandable. But if you are a guy or a not-an-orlan-gal (what happens if you play as an orlan guy?) and Eder just tells you that his life was kinda ****ed and he never got closure with Elafa and then you respond with "get out!!!" that's kinda??? Undeserved and overblown really.

I went to wikia to check Serafen's ending and apparently he can also leave due to "low reputation". i think it could also be linked to Crookspur when he confronts you about slavery (when you buy Handsome Eliam). I remember you can either try to placate him or be aggressive about it so maybe that's the moment where he can leave?

• Like 1

Eder can leave if you steal the gems from Children of the Dawnsters on the first isle I think.

If a companion is really annoying you you can also sacrifice them to skaen's on that one eastern island.

I can't wait to see how Skaen gets you to sacrifice companions in Pillars of Eternity 3.

• Like 1

Eder can leave if you steal the gems from Children of the Dawnsters on the first isle I think.

If a companion is really annoying you you can also sacrifice them to skaen's on that one eastern island.

I can't wait to see how Skaen gets you to sacrifice companions in Pillars of Eternity 3.

Probably the same way he does every game, offer boons for a sacrifice only to have a *insert weapon here* shoved down his throat.

• Like 3

Which ones are those?

Also I'm pretty sure you can try and he runs away, because there's an ending slide that implies he might be planning something nasty for you as a result. That's one of the most awful things I can think of doing to that poor dude.

Really? You ask him to leave and he plans to get revenge? That's quite serious for a character that you can't romance lol

sign.jpg

Which ones are those?

Really? You ask him to leave and he plans to get revenge? That's quite serious for a character that you can't romance lol

Oh! No no no, I didn't mean Eder. Sorry! The first paragraph was about him. The second paragraph was referring to Serafen, if you try to sell him as a slave.

Agh, I try to keep things short because I hate text typing, but I keep making things confusing for everyone because I'm skimping on words.

Which ones are those?

Oh! No no no, I didn't mean Eder. Sorry! The first paragraph was about him. The second paragraph was referring to Serafen, if you try to sell him as a slave.

Agh, I try to keep things short because I hate text typing, but I keep making things confusing for everyone because I'm skimping on words.

Ah, ok. That makes much more sense.

sign.jpg

Which ones are those?

Pardon me but I'm not sure what you're asking here? Which companions leave? Like I wrote, Pallegina, Maia and Tekehu... Am I missing something?

I'm not sure if Eder really leaves but the whole situation is kinda weird. If you play as an orlan and ask him if he has feelings for you he'll give you a pretty racist reason ("but you're an orlan... you know what they say about orlans... but you're not like one of them") and I guess Watcher reacting with rage would be understandable. But if you are a guy or a not-an-orlan-gal (what happens if you play as an orlan guy?) and Eder just tells you that his life was kinda ****ed and he never got closure with Elafa and then you respond with "get out!!!" that's kinda??? Undeserved and overblown really.

I went to wikia to check Serafen's ending and apparently he can also leave due to "low reputation". i think it could also be linked to Crookspur when he confronts you about slavery (when you buy Handsome Eliam). I remember you can either try to placate him or be aggressive about it so maybe that's the moment where he can leave?

Eder does leave if you ask him too and confirm it. I did it for science :p That was my more petty Watcher with a "If I can't have it I don't want it near me." attitude.

Edited by Ryz009
  • Like 1

I had Aloth down to a -2 rep early in my game and he never left, although he did initiate a conversation about my choices, and I had to reasure him that our goals were compatable.  I've since got him back up to a 0 rep which was difficult since he dislikes so many things.