Hey guys, 

So, I'm a little bit into a Principi character, and I'm having to admit that while the build I'm playing can definitely dish out the hurt really well, it's kind of a slow start because I'm mostly auto-attacking after Afflicting and using Barbaric Blow for big chunks of damage. Now, a lot of this is probably due to gear quality, and I fully acknowledge that, but I can't help but feel like Barbarian/Rogue is somewhat... lacking in terms of its toolbox. Great damage, mind, outstanding damage, and some REALLY good passives, but my attacking options are more or less Crippling Strike, Toxic Strike, Confounding Blind, and Barbaric Smash - I might try to work in an upgrade for Crippling Strike somewhere, but I don't really have the room. 

I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas for pirate-themed builds? I'll list the one I'm playing now, and some others I've considered. 

1. Marauder (Berserker/Streetfighter): Sabre and Dagger/Pollaxes - This one has been a ton of fun to use, and will be even moreso once I get a Confusion clear so I can go a little more ham on Frenzy. I feel like it's one of the best fits thematically, and it has one of the best Recovery times in the game (To the point where you more or less don't need a Dexterity investment and can put the points into Constitution instead). Plus, Barbarian synergizes really well with a subclass that benefits from Bloodied. 

2. Swashbuckler (Devoted (Saber) or No-Subclass/Streetfighter): Essentially, my Marauder build with some defensive options in Constant Recovery and Armored Grace (Which isn't so much a defensive option, but allows me to wear heavier armor), and removing the (constant) need for a way to resist/remove Intellect afflictions (Though Devil of Caroc Breastplate still seems like the best pick for dual martial characters). While I lose out on the Barbarian's extra damage bonuses, Fighter offers some of its own, though much later on, and gives perks such as Disciplined Strikes, Penetrating Strike, Charge (Which now properly targets Deflection but, hey, it's a Stun), and more. 

It's also rather thematically appropriate. 

And that's all I've got. Curious to hear your thoughts on the fun factor of these two - right now, I just have my MC as a Marauder and Eder as a Swashbuckler to go off of. Right now, I'm thinking Marauder is a little more my style, plus it fits the character I'm wanting to play, but Swashbuckler seems like it could be a lot of fun too. 

I mean among pirates you generally see "outcasts", Rogues" "barbarians" and "mercenaries". So so yeah any combination of rogue, barbarian, cipher, darcozzi paladin (Furrante) and generic fighter as "mercenary" will be right at home.

Principi might have a problem recruiting Druids, trained mages, as well as priests so those classes would be rarer among the Principi ranks. 

I mean among pirates you generally see "outcasts", Rogues" "barbarians" and "mercenaries". So so yeah any combination of rogue, barbarian, cipher, darcozzi paladin (Furrante) and generic fighter as "mercenary" will be right at home.

Principi might have a problem recruiting Druids, trained mages, as well as priests so those classes would be rarer among the Principi ranks. 

I didn't even know Furrante was Darcozzi, but it makes sense. 

Right now, I'm gonna just stick with my Barbarian/Rogue, because to be honest, I'd probably wind up having the same number of attack moves no matter what class I played. 

The Cunning Duelist is the most "pirate" build I've come up with so far, albeit it's more of the 'debonair swashbuckler' type. Fits a background as a former Principi songsmith, isn't exactly designed for maximum DPS, but is interesting in the sense that he has no lack of options for hamstringing his opponents, with a variety of means to inflict Afflictions.  :)

The Cunning Duelist is the most "pirate" build I've come up with so far, albeit it's more of the 'debonair swashbuckler' type. Fits a background as a former Principi songsmith, isn't exactly designed for maximum DPS, but is interesting in the sense that he has no lack of options for hamstringing his opponents, with a variety of means to inflict Afflictions.  :)

I've been giving it a read. It does look really neat. 

Shame you have to get Principi Rep so low to get Gipon Prudesco, but I do like the idea of a build that doesn't rely on A: Dual wielding and B: The Devil of Caroc Breastplate (I feel so bad not letting her have her revenge...). 

I might have to give this one a try. The only issue is going to be clearing the Digsite. Again. 

• Like 1

Oh wait, that's VTC rep. Never mind!

No, you do need to dump Principi rep to get Gipon Prudensco. Dumping VTC rep gets you the ship that gives you the Wicked Beast pike.

That said, I didn't really bother with that nonsense, and used the Vindictive Faction Ship mod instead.

• Like 1

No, you do need to dump Principi rep to get Gipon Prudensco. Dumping VTC rep gets you the ship that gives you the Wicked Beast pike.

That said, I didn't really bother with that nonsense, and used the Vindictive Faction Ship mod instead.

Oh, that... That works! 

So THATS how u get that darn pike lol thank u!!

Swashbuckler - streetfighter/blackjacket give me the pirate vibe. You can switch between firearms and melee with zero recovery. Unbending can make sure u live a long time while you are flanked in the mix and Refreshing defense will help you take less crits.