just a loot oddity; Not Essence Interrupter after all. Nothing to see here

It seems like when the EI transforms a mob it can effect the loot table.
So you can lose out on expected loot.

I've been able to reproduce on multiple mobs with multiple games.

It does not appear to be universal however.

Edited by Theosupus

Hello Theosupus,

Could you provide us with an example of a creature that is no longer capable of dropping loot after being stuck with Essence Interrupter, that way we could attempt to reproduce the issue on our end? Essence Interrupter, in fact, doesn't actually "change" the affected character in any way. When that creature is killed, they die normally, and should drop loot normally. The effect of the bow is only to summon a new creature where the previous one was killed. So if you are experiencing a loss of guaranteed loot, it's possible there are other factors involved that might help us to determine the issue.

(Please also note, that most normal creatures roll for loot on random loot tables and will frequently not drop any loot, depending on the results.)

-N

The 2 named mobs it happened on were:

1. Meryel the Mad did not drop the necklace when she was transformed; she was transformed into an ooze.
- reloaded refought didn't transform and I got the necklace

- MC Preist of Bareth, Bow in the hands of custom companion

2. Ezzali Bardatto: transformed into an Imp did not drop deltro's cage

-Reloaded, refought, didn't transform her and got the armor (and a second mace)

-MC druid/monk, bow in eder's hands (as rogue)

On unnamed mobs it's harder to track since thing are more randomized.

Unless these drops are not 100% chance and it was just a coincidence?

Edited by Theosupus

Hello Theosupus,

Could you provide us with an example of a creature that is no longer capable of dropping loot after being stuck with Essence Interrupter, that way we could attempt to reproduce the issue on our end? Essence Interrupter, in fact, doesn't actually "change" the affected character in any way. When that creature is killed, they die normally, and should drop loot normally. The effect of the bow is only to summon a new creature where the previous one was killed. So if you are experiencing a loss of guaranteed loot, it's possible there are other factors involved that might help us to determine the issue.

(Please also note, that most normal creatures roll for loot on random loot tables and will frequently not drop any loot, depending on the results.)

-N

In testing a build that uses this bow, I can confirm (for my saves at least), that it appears to be working as intended. I had a giant hostile ogre pirate spawn, with loot under its feet, on PotD fighting enemies in Gorecci Street. I couldn't kill the ogre before it despawned. Perhaps there is a link between if you kill the hostile mob or not? Could it be related to upgrading the weapon to make only non hostiles?

PS Whoever designed this weapon is a sadist. Triple Red Skull Ogre Pirate on PotD  after a hard fight. Not only a hard fight, but the probably the hardest encounter in the entire game.

Thank you for that ;)

Edited by arkane83

It's also worth mentioning that the newly summoned creature will *not* drop loot, only the first (original) character should be capable dropping loot when killed.

I'll have QA look into this just in case. Thank you everyone for the additional information.

• Like 1

Just wanted to add that I've had the summon animation display but no creature summoned. I thought it was due to chunking mobs but it also happened when a mob bled out due to Arterial Strike. Then later the unsummon animation displays at some empty space next to my character.

A little unrelated but since a Dev is in here... :)

Edited by thundercleese

Test 1. With Bow, ensuring she died w/ soul charge effect
-I loaded it up, killed her she only dropped the helm.
-I reloaded and she dropped both the plate, helm, and mace.
-I reloaded for #3 and she dropped both the plate, helm, and mace.

Test 2. With Bow, ensuring she died w/ soul charge effect
-I exited the game completely and then loaded the save back up and he only dropped the helm
-I reloaded for #3 and she dropped both the plate, helm, and mace.

Test 3. No bow used
-I exited the game completely and then loaded the save back up and he only dropped the helm

So it's not the bow after all, it's just something wonky with the straight from title page load as opposed to a in game load.

I added this in tech support thread with saved game file but wanted to follow up here
Edited by Theosupus