A few questions please...

0 - If a character is unconscious at the end of a battle, does he/she still get the experience?

These all related to ships/naval battles:

1- Is it worth investing in bigger ships (very expensive)?  I would rather upgrade some of my weapons to "superb" (30.000).  And i noticed you can still "ram" on bigger ships and solve the matter on board with a standard fight.

2- If you sink the enemy ship, you don't get any loot?

3 - what are your basic strategies, you shoot cannon (to sails, hull or crew?) then you close in and fight on board?

4 - how come i always miss with my cannon shots (expert or seasoned cannoneers) while enemies always hit me? :(

Thank you!

0 - If a character is unconscious at the end of a battle, does he/she still get the experience? YES

These all related to ships/naval battles:

1- Is it worth investing in bigger ships (very expensive)?  I would rather upgrade some of my weapons to "superb" (30.000).  And i noticed you can still "ram" on bigger ships and solve the matter on board with a standard fight. YES IT IS WORTH INVESTING IN BIGGER SHIPS SO YOU CAN SOFTEN ENEMIES UP BEFORE YOU BOARD THEM TO MAKE THE SHIP BATTLES EASIER. YOU CAN KILL CREW WITH YOUR CANNONS TO REDUCE THE ENEMIE NUMBERS

2- If you sink the enemy ship, you don't get any loot?YES ALL OF IT 

3 - what are your basic strategies, you shoot cannon (to sails, hull or crew?) then you close in and fight on board? I WILL POST YOU A LINK

4 - how come i always miss with my cannon shots (expert or seasoned cannoneers) while enemies always hit me? :(

Thank you!

The basic approach is:

Get in range of your cannons with Full Sail

Turn to board or starboard

Hold Position (increases ACC a lot)

Fire cannons

Jibe

Hold Position

Fire

Jibe

...and so on 

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/104486-how-are-people-winning-ship-bounties-on-potd-i-am-getting-a-flogging/

Edited by Teclis23
  • Like 3

0) I haven't been checking but considering my mercs that I recruit at the same level always have pretty much identical experience I would assume yes

1) If you want to sink rather than board, yeah. But there are people who can play the broadside game with just a sloop (starting ship) or dhow.

2) You get less loot, but "important" loot will always conveniently float ;)

3) If you wanna sink, cannonball the hull. If you wanna board, board (manually). Other options suck :(

4) Maybe you're not at an ideal range for your cannons. Using 1 turn on halting before firing also improves accuracy.

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

many thanks, i was missing the HOLD command. I will experiment with some of this. I have 4 or 5 bounties to hunt for..

I presume shooting at the sails is just a waste then, unless you want to escape and they are faster than you

• Like 1

1) If you want to sink rather than board, yeah. But there are people who can play the broadside game with just a sloop (starting ship) or dhow.

You can sink (rather than board) with the sloop too. It’s not an “either/or” proposition.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Nah, you can easily sink any ship with a Dhow (probably even a sloop, I just bought a Dhow halfway through cause it was cheap).

I never went past a Dhow and I have no problem sinking Junks on the regular.