I think they are from a site on the map somewhere.

I got them on my first playthrough without console. That's when I discovered that they don't stack with a Cloak of Greater Deflection. :(

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 2 weeks later...

Does Deadfire also "feature" randomized loot?

Only a few and most of them aren't that useful or can also be obtained from fixed locations -- all from the random map treasure pinatas, the burial mounds and towers etc. Thing is I've routinely reloaded those pinatas to find various specific things (spyglass, drake pendant, etc.) and have never found this item, and I want it for an Aloth spellblade build I'm putting together. 

• Like 1

I’ve done (what I think are) completionist runs, and have never found them.

My best guess is that they’re a random drop at certain locations, and so something you have to be lucky to find.

Yeah. I've also done three completionist runs (as far as I know), and I sometimed reload the world map random loot locations like 10-20 times until I get something good, but I've never gotten these bracers. It's probably a high level random loot location, when I don't bother anymore.

Only a few and most of them aren't that useful or can also be obtained from fixed locations -- all from the random map treasure pinatas, the burial mounds and towers etc. Thing is I've routinely reloaded those pinatas to find various specific things (spyglass, drake pendant, etc.) and have never found this item, and I want it for an Aloth spellblade build I'm putting together. 

Some unique items like "Kapana Taga" or "Reckless Brigandine" are also not guaranteed drops. So don't plan with them for a build on Trial of Iron playthroughs ;)

• Like 1

Some unique items like "Kapana Taga" or "Reckless Brigandine" are also not guaranteed drops. So don't plan with them for a build on Trial of Iron playthroughs ;)

I think that's a bug as of the latest patch. Otherwise encounter loot is very standardized.

You do get less loot if you sink ships via the minigame instead of boarding, but named loot is supposed to still drop.

That's a bug. The work around is it only happens to me when I load from title screen. If I load from the game it won't happen.

You'd have to load your TOI game from another game to avoid it.

Edited by Theosupus

I think that's a bug as of the latest patch. Otherwise encounter loot is very standardized.

You do get less loot if you sink ships via the minigame instead of boarding, but named loot is supposed to still drop.

I had this bug multiple times. For me "Kapana Taga" droped on all my playthrough only after reloading several times. Got this bug in the release version of the game, with the newest patch and several times inbetween. I also always boarded Fyrgist's ship. So this bug exists since release and was never patched.