Is Alchemy a "Must Pick" for the MC Still?/Other skill questions?

Hey guys, 

So, I know that Alchemy has become slightly less absurd since the patch, and was wondering if it's still considered a "Must pick" for the Watcher, like it was before? I'm trying to think of active skills to focus on for my Marauder (For those Watcher-only checks when they do appear) and was thinking something along the lines of Mechanics/Stealth, as opposed to my usual go-to of Alchemy/Stealth, but then I have party members for that who might be more suitable. 

As for passives, is it better for the Watcher to just pour all of their points into one or two or can I have a splash of other skills as well? I was thinking of taking at least five points in Metaphysics, and then putting the rest into Insight and Intimidate or Insight and Streetwise). 

To be absolutely honest, I feel comfy without Alchemy use on PotD (no scaling) at level 16. I am too lazy to micromanage quick use consumables in addition to other stuff. I have potions/drugs and summon items equipped in these slots, but I rarely get to them other than for the sigils/totems.

Aside from designated mechanics character (around 14+group bonus=18+) and stealth (item bonuses, sometimes useful in quests) I don't see mandatory active skills. Athletics are nice to have on your main face-tank character and designated healer for quick heal (fast cast time, once per combat is alright).

So to answer your question it is definitely not necessary to max alchemy. 

As for other skills on watcher I follow this for the values I am aiming for Deadfire Dialogue Options Report

Berath skill blessing gives a sizable bonus to skills on multi-class party members which also.

Unless I'm using an item that scales off a skill, I just spread them around. One companion with high mechanics, at least a point or two in athletics for everyone, a bit of stealth for everyone can come in handy. Then I get companions to focus on one or two skills to boost my party assist, and try get get around 10+ in each with assists by end of game.

If you want/plan to use high level scrolls then obviously you'll want sufficient arcana.

Both Alchemy and Arcana got hugely nerfed and almost do nothing anymore.

Alchemy only applies scaling to poisons, but not even close to what it used to be, all potions and drugs seem unchanged except for maybe the duration, a spirit shield with 0 Alchemy will give 2 AR and with 30 Alchemy it will still give the same etc.

Arcana only seems to be a requirement to use a scroll now, any scaling got removed.

Alchemy only applies scaling to poisons, but not even close to what it used to be, all potions and drugs seem unchanged except for maybe the duration, a spirit shield with 0 Alchemy will give 2 AR and with 30 Alchemy it will still give the same etc.

Arcana only seems to be a requirement to use a scroll now, any scaling got removed.

White leaf also gains a whopping 0.1 regen per alchemy.

• Like 1

Just double-tripple the damage of poisons and scrolls, same for durations of potions and drugs, and give full heal from minor healing potions. They do nothing, really. They are not FUBAR anymore, that's true, but are "easy mode" still.

Spirit Shield gives 3 AR btw. =P

Hey, you wanna hear a good joke?

Nobody speak, nobody get choked

Just double-tripple the damage of poisons and scrolls, same for durations of potions and drugs, and give full heal from minor healing potions. They do nothing, really. They are not FUBAR anymore, that's true, but are "easy mode" still.

Scrolls don't get anything from leveling Arcana, are you sure we're playing the same patch?

Triple damage of poisons is pitiful, yes they didn't need to be even close at what they used to be, but grenades are much better than poisons and Aoe.

Oh ok 3 AR, may main point was it doesn't scale at all.

• Like 1

Scrolls don't get anything from leveling Arcana, are you sure we're playing the same patch?

Triple damage of poisons is pitiful, yes they didn't need to be even close at what they used to be, but grenades are much better than poisons and Aoe.

Oh ok 3 AR, may main point was it doesn't scale at all.

We definitely have a very different definition for "nothing" and should agree to disagree on that matter. Cheers.

Hey, you wanna hear a good joke?

Nobody speak, nobody get choked