Regrets - games/console/hardware you have sold

Katphood

There are quite a few things that I have sold in the past which I wish I hadn't:

-a Nintendo GameCube. It was one of the earlier versions which had a digital output. I also sold a few games which make me wanna cry when I think about it: Resi 0, Resi 4, Eternal Darkness and Metroid Prime all along with a disc that allowed me to play region locked games, can't remember what it was called.

-Witcher 1 collectors edition

-my Razer Tarantula keyboard

-Splatterhouse Reboot for the PS3 which is a hidden gem for people who are in into hack n slash games. It was an awful decision considering that it isn't available digitally.

-some Xbox games which are now backwards compatible: Saint's Row 2, Fallout 3 GOTY Edition, Crackdown, Oblivion, Conker: Live and Reloaded(the xbox store doesn't allow you to buy 360 games without a credit card which is mind-boggling considering the fact that Xbone games can be bought using only pre-paid cards with no hassle).

About 4 years ago I decided never to sell any of my stuff again and now I have a nice collection of games and hardware that will acompany me once the apocalypse is there. :)

Did you sell any gaming stuff that you regret?

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I'm sorry for your loss.

As for me...

-My Nintendo 64 with all my games for it, pokemon stadium and snap, super smash brother and Mario 64

-3/4 of my wii games, some real gems like Super Mario Galaxy, Harvest Moon, and Rune Factory just to name a few

Although I didn't sell it I have to give a eulogy for my first laptop. When I was younger  I didn't know cleaning was a thing you needed to do...It rusted from the inside. RIP first laptop you will be missed.

• Like 1

I never sold any consoles or games.

I do regret not getting all my games back before losing contact to people. We used to swap games all the time, but eventually school ends and someone has my original Secret of Mana cartridge. In turn, I have someone's Drakkhen. Such a poor exchange, really.

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Sega Dreamcast with about 80 games, Original Xbox (2001 model) with 20 games, PS1 (very first year model), Silver Gamecube woth 5 games.

Ironically, those were my favorite consoles of all time. Forget Atari and NES/Snes, these systems were where it's at!

A few years back, I got another 2001 Xbox but only a few games for it. It's such a good console and I'm happy I found one brand new (box never opened) for $50.00 USD.

In a way, I do regret selling all of those consoles but not a full 100% regret because I don't like collecting alotta junk lol Still got a PS2, PS3 that I never use. I'll never sell the PS3 because cell tech is too legit to part with ;)

I mostly just game on pc's and I never sell my pc's so I have 4 total bit only use 2. My PS4 mostly collects dust but I really like the PS4 as a system so I'll probably never sell it because of that.

I'm always buying amd getting rid of handhelds sych as 3DS and Vita, necer once regretted selling them. I always think there will be a handheld which I'll use more than my phone for gaming... Theyalways disappoint me and to phone I go.

Meh, that's about it really.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

A few years back, I got another 2001 Xbox but only a few games for it. It's such a good console and I'm happy I found one brand new (box never opened) for $50.00 USD.

A few years back I decided to buy an original Xbox because of some of the exclusives such as Breakdown. I ended up buying 2 because the first one I bought had a Thompson drive which is known for failing. It works though, but I bought a second one just to be safe. :grin:

The second one has a Samsung disc drive and is modified to have a 250 GB HDD so I can copy my games on the HDD and play them without the disc.

I never sold any consoles or games.

Same here.

Not that I owned any console besides the original NES, along with some joysticks and gamepads for it. Which I kept in a closet for the longest time. Maybe I tossed it a year or three ago finally, can't remember, don't feel like checking.

But I don't sell/trade (physical or digital) games. If it gets to a point where I no longer want a game, I just toss it into the garbage can. On PC with digital tossing isn't physically literal, ofc. I'm of the mindset that even if I think I'm completely over a game, I never know when I might want it years down the road so I'll hold onto it as long as I have something that will run it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My Fallout 3 CE came with a lunchbox that my daughter used for years, and a pip-boy that still sits on my desk at work. It was an extra $10, so worth it. Saint's Row 3 came with a lockbox that I used when I ran the school snack shack, so that was also worth it.

The problem is digital goods are dumb, and publishers decided they could raise the prices of CE's by offering a bunch of dumb digital content instead of decent physical goods, so today's CE's are lame and more expensive.

• Like 1

^agree with Hurlshot here. The collector's edition of physical games have become way too expensive and the digital collector's edition of games always give me a good laugh because they're ridicilous.

• Like 1

And often they don't even have the decency to come with the already-planned DLC.

As for the topic, I've never sold a thing, games or otherwise. I have all my 90s big game boxes somewhere in my parents' garage. Now that I have my own place I should probably move them here - only issue is that it's about a 700km trip.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I vaguely regret selling Golden Axe: The Duel.  But that's just because I'm a freaking completest sometimes and not because its a good game.

For the most part I kept what I wanted to keep and got rid of the stuff I didn't.  I can't recall anything (beyond GA:TD) that I've felt even vague regret over selling at this point so I've probably forgotten them...but out of sight, out of mind.  Unless someone reminds me I had it, I probably won't even think about it ever again at this point.

The only system I sold was an original GameBoy Advanced in favor of a GB Advanced SP so that I could play without having to put a damn lamp in my face to see the screen. Stupid GBA lighting... (grumble, grumble) :aiee:

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I had a Sega Game Gear and Game Boy Color (both of them had a handful of games, which I kept in two separate carrying cases), but I sold the set in the 90's at

a EB Games. Now years later I'm starting to regret what I did, since I'm missing them both big time. Welp time to see if I can find a Game Boy Advance SP on Ebay.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

• 3 months later...