[BoW] How to reach the inaccessible area in Sunken Crown?

Fairly simple question.  As the title says, how does the party access the right hand side of the map which is completely underwater in the Sunken Crown?  Doesn't appear to be any "water switches" there, and I'm curious to explore it before I close out my testing with King Grumpypants.

Or is this area only accessible if something else is done elsewhere in the White Void?  I'm doing the Drowned Kingdom one first, for what it is worth.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/104413-how-to-drain-the-water-in-sunken-crown/

I did it last, nothing... I think it's just broken seeing how people solved it at random, didn't need to solve it etc.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Are we talking about the right side in the King's thone room? It drained for me after I collected the last soul. IT is possible it is connected to how the water flows outside - I changed on or two as I had to collect one more part of kings soul that I have missed and when I came back the room was drained.

That's the one. It's not the souls since those 4 are required to complete the area.

So far everyone "solving" it seems to do so by accident so we still got no clue for the sollution (that I'm aware off)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

I figurred it out.

First you have to drain all water pools from south and west side of the map until only two sunked area near the entrance lef (east side of the map) t. Then you should go back to throne room and left the area to central hub via portal. Then enter again so you will start the area from the beginning. Now when two of the nearest water pools are full, you should go through northern portal and hit the switch there and now you have clear way to the throne room through few portals. You enter the throne room in north-west area where the scepter was and the floor is clear to explore.

Edited by Silvaren
  • Like 1

giphy.gif

Thanks for the replies and link to the other thread; should have looked for it.

Just solved it myself and as I think about it it does make sense.  I thought it was odd that there was a seemingly duplicated water switch on the top zone, as it's possible to successfully navigate the Drowned Kingdom without hitting each switch.  

What I did is after clearing a path to the portal that goes to Sunken Crown, I pivoted back to the top of the map and hit the very first water switch in the zone as seen below:

JXpqBzV.png

QxXFAXS.png

That fills up the water pool near the entrance of the map zone:

YMY9tQa.png

Near as I can tell, if that lake is filled, then the Sunken Kingdom zone is completely clear.

I realize this is pretty much what Silvaren said, but I thought the visual aids would help a bit. :)

Just solved it myself and as I think about it it does make sense.  I thought it was odd that there was a seemingly duplicated water switch on the top zone, as it's possible to successfully navigate the Drowned Kingdom without hitting each switch. 

You need to use that switch to access the very first soul though, even though yes, that waterpool can be circumvented with portals.

And yeah, thanks for the visual aid. It was hard to make out without pictures (though I finished BoW and left so won't give a try)

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

• 1 year later...

Apologies for the necro, everyone. To me, the case has usually been that I complete the quest in here, fiddle around with switches for a few minutes and then compose a whole new chant with nothing but expletives in it. As chance would have it, I found a very simple way to get the sword. I certainly didn't find it first, it has probably been explained but I couldn't find a pretty enough picture, logic logic yada yada, here's my new family recipe for getting the sword ASAP so you can happily tinker around with the switches to get the quest done without a care in the world.

5dIzKbl.png

It's possible the first switch I tell you not to press does the same as the one I do tell you to press, but my autosave got overwritten so I'll never know.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!