How Do I Take Screenshots?

Hey guys,

I've searched high and low for the answer, but I can't figure out how to take in game screenshots.

I'm using the GOG version of the game and Windows 7.

I've tried using print screen and pasting the results in Photoshop, but all I get is a screenshot of my desktop.

Has anybody had any luck with this? How did you do it?

You could try switching between Full Screen/Windowed/Borderless Windowed first then try again with Print Screen.

FRAPS is easy to get and to use.

If you launch the game using GOG Client, F12 is the shortcut to take screenshot by default. Screenshots are stored in C:\Users\[Your User Name]\Documents\GOGGalaxy\Screenshots\.

Or if you manage to activate NVIDA's ShadowPlay, the shortcut to capture screenshot is Alt+F1 by default.

Hm, on Linux that's just pressing the print key.

On Windows10/Steam it's also a keyboard shortcut (forgot which one).

Can't believe you can't do it with Win7/GoG. 

Do you have an Nvidia graphics card? Because they have a toolkit that can run in the background and not only makes screenshots (hit a keyborad shortcut) but is also able to record video. It's quite ok. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hm, on Linux that's just pressing the print key.

On Windows10/Steam it's also a keyboard shortcut (forgot which one).

Can't believe you can't do it with Win7/GoG. 

Do you have an Nvidia graphics card? Because they have a toolkit that can run in the background and not only makes screenshots (hit a keyborad shortcut) but is also able to record video. It's quite ok. 

It's crazy isn't it? This is the first time I've run into this problem.

But I do have an Nvidia card, so I'm looking into Shadowplay that Try2handing recommended. If it runs in the background then I should be good to go, cause the game freezes or crashes on me if I try to use the Windows key or Alt + Tab.

Yes,I meant Shadowplay as well. It creates an overlay that you can access while playing and doesn't force you to Alt-Tab or something like that. You can tell it where to save screens you make with a shortcut so that the overlay wouldn't even show up.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I had this problem with Fortnite (STW) a while ago. (Maybe still have)

No idea why it is so complicated to take screenshots sometimes...

Like others have noted, using a screengrabber app might help.

I suggest using msi afterburner, because it also provides some other very useful features.

Have you tried switching between different fullscreen modes while using "printscreen"?

I will try it myself, just out of interest...

No problem. I am playing in fullscreen, without vsync, windows 10 64bit, AMD v18.3.1.