Weapon Sets I'm Considering for a Marauder (Berserker/Streetfighter)

Hey guys,

So, I decided I'd list the weapon sets I'm considering for my Marauder (Yes, I'm ACTUALLY going to be playing a character instead of just talking about one). I know there's a LOT of weapons in this game, and I'll probably experiment with other options besides these, but these are the ones that appeal to me in terms of enchantments and accessibility. Can you guys give me your thoughts on these? 

Also, I'm playing a pro-Principi character, so I'm all about weapons that suit the piratical aesthetic. 

Swords: 

Modwyr: A foul-mouthed, horny sword with some great enchantments, that can be made Legendary, and that apparently (Haven't gotten her yet) makes borderline orgasmic sounds whenever you crit with her. Swords aren't 'exactly piratical, but the idea of carrying around a blade with the spirit of a sharp-tongued saucy bint inside of it makes a certain degree of sense from an aesthetic point of view. 

Duskfall: A sword with a built in action speed buff, that matches well with other weapons, and has some good, if a little boring, enchantments to improve accuracy. My only issue is that it lacks something flashy to really set it apart, but otherwise it's a very good choice, I think. 

Spears: 

Mohorā Tanga: This one wins based on pure aesthetic points, though I really, really don't like single damage type weapons. It's a whaling spear that's been modified to work as a martial weapon. Requires heavy investment in Survival, but it pays off in spades with high Penetration from one of its enchantments, as well as the ability to snare an enemy and pull them in for heavy damage. I'd probably pair this with... 

Stilettos: 

Rust's Poignard: You get it for out-assassin-ing an assassin, plus it's got some pretty good starting enchantments. The Wiki doesn't even have the ones you can add to it listed, if there are any, so I imagine it just gets better from there. 

Sabres: 

Scordeo's Edge: A really solid sabre, it's just a shame it comes so late in the game. 

Grave Calling: Another good choice. Chill Lash is always good, plus it can spawn minions on kill. 

Really, there are a lot of good sabres to choose from. 

Pollaxes: 

Lord Darryn's Voulge: You get it by sailing through a storm, and then have to sail through ANOTHER storm in order to unlock its full potential. It's more or less Mjolnir at that point. Yes, it's not as potent as it was before, but it's still a very good weapon, boasting some nice enchants and the ability to use a spell that no one else can, Ball Lightning. My only big issue is that it can't be enchanted past Superb, and using a two-hander makes my Full Attacks less potent. 

Battleaxes (2H): 

Oathbreaker's End: It has some (Wait for it) really nice enchantments, and is essentially a Greatsword but Battleaxe flavored. Axes are a big pirate weapon, and I like the idea of laying waste with this thing and Proven Guilty. I only worry that it won't be as effective on a multiclass Barb because I won't have Heart of Fury, but that's true of, well... Any weapon on this list, really. Plus, it's another one of those "Comes much later" weapons, since the DLC is for levels 15-16ish.

Please provide your thoughts regarding these weapons in the comments below, based on your own experiences with them. After looking over every available weapon in the game, I've pretty much concluded that these are my favorites - though obviously it's nowhere near close to the number of unique items in the game. 

Edited by Cyrus_Blackfeather

Well out of these weapons u have here, personally I'd start by getting Gravecaller in mainhand because it's a quick and easy legendary weapon then get Rusts Stiletto in off-hand. Later I'd replace Gravecaller with Scordios Edge but keep the stiletto in the off hand to keep full attack spamming as fast as possible.

In weapon slot 2 I'd keep Gravecaller+Scordios for pierce immune enemies. Possibly Modwyr+Gravecaller for fighting Famps

pierce setup is probably Mohara Taga+ Rusts

while slash is Tarn's + Scordeo's. Good luck upgrading all of that to legendary though.

early game definitely Gravecalling+Rusts. and in the dlc Magran's Favor+Rusts's

Since I like the helmet Fair Favor I usually just go Gravecalling+Rust's most of the game and upgrade either Tarn's or Scordeo's to legendary by end game. It's still good penetration considering you get bonuses from Frenzy (and food). 

pierce setup is probably Mohara Taga+ Rusts

while slash is Tarn's + Scordeo's. Good luck upgrading all of that to legendary though.

early game definitely Gravecalling+Rusts. and in the dlc Magran's Favor+Rusts's

Since I like the helmet Fair Favor I usually just go Gravecalling+Rust's most of the game and upgrade either Tarn's or Scordeo's to legendary by end game. It's still good penetration considering you get bonuses from Frenzy (and food).

Also to consider for the OP is Stalkers patience spear to use with rusts stiletto, these both start out on legendary. As does gravecaller. So in that case he'd only have to upgrade one other weapon to legendary for his watcher

For the Maurauder I like Bardatto's Luxury paired with Bloody Links armor for Bloodied perks. I think the new Ice Mace goes well too. There are also some great fire weapons like Sungrazer and Magran's Favor. I don't like the look of the spear mentioned above + another weapon, but it does fit well with a high Survival Maurader.

Overall the DLC made my Maurader significantly stronger.

Edited by Verde

For the Maurauder I like Bardatto's Luxury paired with Bloody Links armor for Bloodied perks. I think the new Ice Mace goes well too. There are also some great fire weapons like Sungrazer and Magran's Favor. I don't like the look of the spear mentioned above + another weapon, but it does fit well with a high Survival Maurader.

Only issue with Bloody Links is that I like the DoC Breastplate for removing the Confusion from Frenzy. The new mace seems pretty cool though! 

Only issue with Bloody Links is that I like the DoC Breastplate for removing the Confusion from Frenzy. The new mace seems pretty cool though!

Yeah good pt. Or you could use Modwyr since it gives immunity. Lots of options I had trouble picking too haha.

Yeah good pt. Or you could use Modwyr since it gives immunity. Lots of options I had trouble picking too haha.

Yeah, especially since you can use any weapon you want - you just won't have the modal ability. 

I like the idea of Modwyr, my only issue with using her is that swords just don't seem very pirate-y. 

Yeah, especially since you can use any weapon you want - you just won't have the modal ability.

I like the idea of Modwyr, my only issue with using her is that swords just don't seem very pirate-y.

They don't seem at all Marauder-y to me. When I think of a Marauder I think of a vicious Raider with bludgeoning weapons or axes.

They don't seem at all Marauder-y to me. When I think of a Marauder I think of a vicious Raider with bludgeoning weapons or axes.

Yeah, that's why I was thinking Oathbreaker's End or Lord Darryn's Voulge, but then I'd hamper myself in terms of Full Attack damage and... I THINK penetration (Two-handers seem to have really low Penetration). 

Yeah, that's why I was thinking Oathbreaker's End or Lord Darryn's Voulge, but then I'd hamper myself in terms of Full Attack damage and... I THINK penetration (Two-handers seem to have really low Penetration). 

Two handers have highest pen base pen

Modwyr + Duskfall was my early game combo and really helped w/ the intel immunity (bought the brain from the herb merchant in Nek).

I swapped them out as I got access to better weapons and abilities to use them (and had enough money/skills to get DoC breastplate)

Last Word + Magran's Favor was the longest used (with Last word + Sun&Moon in offhand for when I needed all crush)

End Game post DLC I ended up with

Last Word + Glacierbane

The reason why last word was so awesome w/ Berzerker was the hit->crit and the fact that crits w/ Last word SILENCE mobs and they get stuck just auto attacking.  If you combine crits with interrupting blows you can have a boss fight where the only thing they ever do is auto-attack and a few uninterruptible skills.

Edited by Theosupus

Only problem with Last Word is it increases engagement i.e. harder to get Flanked. Unless there is a better approach.

It only increases engagement if you enchant it to.

Ah gotcha thx. What's the alternate upgrade?

Edited by Verde

go with lord darryn for rp and looks if  you are playing group, a barbarian with 2 swords doesnt match.

another option is Kapana Taga (club)

did you consider Pukestabber or another dagger in offhand? they are very good and you are a Marauder (rogue!), having a crush damage in main hand and dagger in off for quickstabs is very barbarish, use the hungover ring and become a drunk barbarian... also full atacks use the recovery from offhand...so its very optimal

also theres xotis sickle...murder her and use her weapon

Edited by eschu101

Well out of these weapons u have here, personally I'd start by getting Gravecaller in mainhand because it's a quick and easy legendary weapon then get Rusts Stiletto in off-hand. Later I'd replace Gravecaller with Scordios Edge but keep the stiletto in the off hand to keep full attack spamming as fast as possible.

In weapon slot 2 I'd keep Gravecaller+Scordios for pierce immune enemies. Possibly Modwyr+Gravecaller for fighting Famps

This is exactly what I use on my Ravager and it is very effective. Also keep Beza's blade around for ghosts.

go with lord darryn for rp and looks if  you are playing group, a barbarian with 2 swords doesnt match.

another option is Kapana Taga (club)

did you consider Pukestabber or another dagger in offhand? they are very good and you are a Marauder (rogue!), having a crush damage in main hand and dagger in off for quickstabs is very barbarish, use the hungover ring and become a drunk barbarian... also full atacks use the recovery from offhand...so its very optimal

also theres xotis sickle...murder her and use her weapon

Pukestabber seems pretty great - and can't you enchant it to ignore hangovers anyway? You don't need the ring. 

I'll definitely use Lord Darryn's too, for thematic purposes, even if I just keep it in the OH and don't use it much.

Can someone tell me if you can upgrade the Highwayman Enchantment for Scordeo's to apply the Accuracy buff to melee weapon attacks as well? For the Pistol, there's an enchant that makes it so that you can apply the corresponding buff (Since they're 'supposed' to be used as a matched set, but... You know, mixed melee/ranged sets kinda suck) to apply on ranged attacks as well, so I was hoping it's the other way around, too (The wiki doesn't list enchants). 

Right now I'm thinking Scordeo's + Pukestabber or Scordeo's + Rust's would be pretty cool for one weapon set, with Lord Darryn's in the other hand, occasionally swapped out for Last Word + Glacierbane once I finish the DLC? 

Is there still plenty to do sidequest wise if you focus on main story/some faction quests until you finish the last one? Scordeo's Edge doesn't come until pretty late in the game usually, but I want to make sure there's plenty of content to use it on, y'know? 

Yes you can upgrade the enchant to apply to all weapons, or grant a larger bonus to ranged. You'll also want to take the Blade Cascade enchant.

I rushed Ashen Maw at level 13, skipping pretty much all the faction quests and came back to finish them. Some of the dialogue is a little strange if you do that though.

Yes you can upgrade the enchant to apply to all weapons, or grant a larger bonus to ranged. You'll also want to take the Blade Cascade enchant.

I rushed Ashen Maw at level 13, skipping pretty much all the faction quests and came back to finish them. Some of the dialogue is a little strange if you do that though.

How so?

So like if you haven't already received the Crookspur quest from Furrante, and Aeldys' subsequent counter offer, you miss out on that dialogue. You will get the queen asking you to blow up the RDC and frame the VTC even if you haven't done any of their other quests (you can still pick up those quests if you talk to her again though). Nothing major though if you're concerned with RP and continuity etc. then it may not work for you.