First impressions after testing some of the new weapons

You miss 2H sword with Healing on Kill

Yeah I haven't found the sword yet, but tbh I sounds pretty straight forward. Healing on kill, more healing on death, hit to crit chance which we aren't sure exactly how much it is. All scaling off religion.

Maybe it will even proc on Chanter skeletons kills :D And produce a lot of free healing

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

You miss 2H sword with Healing on Kill

Yeah I haven't found the sword yet, but tbh I sounds pretty straight forward. Healing on kill, more healing on death, hit to crit chance which we aren't sure exactly how much it is. All scaling off religion.

Maybe it will even proc on Chanter skeletons kills :D And produce a lot of free healing

True, it doesn't specify enemy kills so that should work.

Just consoled it in on my Berzerker test save and put 19 points into religion, taking me up to 22 then took on Concelhaut. First HoF yielded 1 miss, 4 hits, 7 crits - of those crits one was due to the sword. Second HoF yielded 1 graze, 2 hits, 7 crits - two of the crits were due to the sword this time. This is at lvl 20 upscaled PotD, HoF is rolling 130 accuracy.

The heal on kill is consistently 39.7 health with 22 religion and 18 might. Interestingly there were a bunch of entries for the proc that said "Similar effect with longer duration already applied".

Let them knock me out and got healed by 104 on revival. I was however Weakened (-50%) and gaping wound (-25%) so under better circumstances with maxed religion this could possibly revive you at full health.

Just repeated the test; same results with the healing but got 0 conversions from either HoFs. Healing on kill appears to be 10 + 1/religion + might/misc healing bonuses. Adding to main post now.

Edited by thundercleese

Updated the main post with my latest tests. Haven't tested them extensively but it's late and I'm tired lol.

I did discover something interesting through the Unity Engine mod regarding the Ring of Prosperity's Fortune:

wOmWKJR.png

Pity this information isn't shown in game. Only thing left to figure out is what the breakpoints are. If this is accurate then it's actually more powerful than I'd originally thought.

Haven't added to the main post as it was about the weapons.

Edited by thundercleese
  • Like 1

Updated the main post with my latest tests. Haven't tested them extensively but it's late and I'm tired lol.

I did discover something interesting through the Unity Engine mod regarding the Ring of Prosperity's Fortune:

wOmWKJR.png

Pity this information isn't shown in game. Only thing left to figure out is what the breakpoints are. If this is accurate then it's actually more powerful than I'd originally thought.

Haven't added to the main post as it was about the weapons.

I saw this list on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/94fhuf/ring_of_prosperitys_fortune/

Money : Bonus Hit to Crit chance

0 - 9,999 : None

10,000 - 24,999 : 3%

25,000 - 49,999 : 6%

50,000 - 99,999 : 9%

100,000 - 199,999 : 12%

>= 200,000 : 15%

The Hylea gauntlets (not sure what the exact name is) aren't bad, either—though I don't think I could get them to apply the Raw DoT? May need more testing.

The +5% Slash damage is applied to your final damage (i.e. roll + all modifiers); however, in the case of a critical hit it is actually slightly higher than final figure * 5%, but not quite as high as (final figure * 5%) * (1+25%). Not sure how the math is:

jzbNF6z.png

The same is true for the funky new helm that looks like an auroch's head, and adds freeze damage to your next successful attack (10%, but slightly more on a critical hit.)

EDIT: In response to a post in the previous page, I did get The Power of Money ring to proc a few times with 69k gold. Definitely working.

EDIT II: The Raw DoT from the gauntlets actually works exactly as advertised, except it is not communicated in the combat log. It merely shows the number on the character's head, so it's easy to miss if you're not paying attention. I actually really like these gauntlets.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Out of the new items I use:

fire damage belt on my cipher - it is the only +damage belt in game?? and if I summon a flame blight I don't care I just charm it!

hylea's gloves - more love for a barbarian, and barbarian/combo

horns of arouch - the +freeze damage helm I put on a secondary melee damage dealer it is one of the better helms

the guardian set helm (+10 accuracy to afflictions) - it found a spot on the head on my secondary ccer/ healer, hopefully it gives accuracy to chanter cc/damage invocations that would be sweet. 

the cloak you get at the end of the dlc - more love for a deflection/riposte tank basically (if you ever find the bracers of deflection to pair with it)

I'll get the greed ring when I have more gold than I know what to do with.

as for weapons themselves

-all the new two handers including the animancer bow have "cool" effects but I think they still don't match the efficiency of some dual weapon setups, but that is a whole different discussion.

-the new scepter is definitely one of the bis scepters and ranged weapons if you use scepters.

-the +pen icepick is nice on some form of chill fog tank. 

-Frostfall is my favorite weapon in the dlc because of the dual damage type but I am still thinking of on what build best to use it with. 

armours:

all of them are heavy no? I am always scared of that +55% recovery thing and not sure if it worth it. But the fire imbued plate (you get in bridge ablaze area) looks really cool and can find it's use on a dual-wield armored grace fighter/combo. 

Would you mind posting screenshots of the actual items themselves? not all of us have played through the DLC yet!

Not at home but will upload some this evening.

@AndreaColombo - No idea why its calculating like this but if you run the calculation without the 30% from overpen, take 5% then add the 30% to that you get 4.4, could be worth checking if all lashes are like this? Haven't tried the gloves yet but might check them out, they from the boat? Edit: This could also be the 20% from Battle Axe and 10% from Improved Critical passive - point is it seems to be applying 30% separately. Might test when I get home, unless you want to.

@1TTFFSSE - yeah all the new weapons are interesting, though the axe stands out the most to me. Even then it really needs some backup for ST. Frostfall is cool since any kill will proc the debuff extension, even spells and it's got a decent aoe. Same with the freeze. The damage proc was very underwhelming. Agreed on scepter, just wish the proc was more reliable.

Yeah the armour's are heavy, which is a shame. I just slapped the soul bound one on my tank and forgot about it. First combo that stands out to me with the fire plate is a Vengeful Defeat barb, with Barb Retaliation and HoF to use while alive.

@Tommy - Thanks for that, I'll take a look at the thread. May include it and these others in the OP, just need to figure out how to change the thread title lol.

Edited by thundercleese

This (Oathbreaker's end) working as intended?

post-195567-0-67890100-1533613930_thumb.jpg

I tried exact same fight exact same guy, but with the backup weapons and he was not hitting himself.

i get that some of that was the Frenzy, but am I supposed to be hitting myself with this axe? I don't with other weapons.

Edited by Theosupus

Okay so I made a few more updates. When testing with an Assassin/Helwalker to see the theoretical maximum damage from Oathbreaker's AoE, ability damage (Sap - 25%) wasn't showing up in the raw damage calculation. Fairly certain it is linked to this bug.

A little off topic:

I was also able to reproduce what AndreaColombo observed with the lashes, and it is across ALL lashes. You can see it in the below screenshot:

WQPZH46.png

This was with Turning Wheel + the Magran belt (23% fire), Lightning Strikes (15%), Horns of the Aurochs and the Hylea gloves (5%). I tested on the same char/setup with The Twin Eels and got same results. What's even more interesting though is that the lashes applied to the raw damage that crits ALSO gets a 30% multiplier (this likely depends on the penetration value of the attack that procced it vs the targets armour - which armour value I am unsure), applied after the rest of the calculations. So from the example above 113 x 0.15 = 16.95 x 1.3 = 22.035

Edit: So just did some more testing and got a "No Pen" on a raw damage proc; the raw damage itself wasn't affected however the lash was reduced severely. So yeah with lashes all penetration modifiers are applied multiplicatively after everything else, kind of how lashes themselves are calculated. Raw damage attacks seem to check pen but then ignore it. I guess this is done specifically so that lashes can be applied to them but still be affected by armour.

As for what I was actually trying to test, this is the highest I got:

N52UcCw.png

So as you can see, you can get Assassinate (and backstab on the close mobs) to apply, but only if you are using the new boots (Slippers of the Assassin), and therefore only on the first hit. So if you were to try to capitalise on this you'd probably want to have party members soften them up a bit, debuff them then hit the lowest health/deflection mob with your highest damage ability.

Edited by thundercleese

attachicon.gifself hitting again.jpg

I tried exact same fight exact same guy, but with the backup weapons and he was not hitting himself.

i get that some of that was the Frenzy, but am I supposed to be hitting myself with this axe? I don't with other weapons.

Is that with a Berzerker? And if so are you mitigating the confusion? Because if not then I'd say that is why.

Is that with a Berzerker? And if so are you mitigating the confusion? Because if not then I'd say that is why.

I purposely did not mitigate the confusion to see if I'd carnage myself.

I don't with sabers but do with the axe?

Is it a reach thing?

Is it a reach thing?

Carnage is exempt from hurting the Berzerker itself (would be pretty bad if it wasn't). The Found Guilty proc is treated as a separate AoE skill/attack, therefore will hurt the user if they are confused.

Is it a reach thing?

Carnage is exempt from hurting the Berzerker itself (would be pretty bad if it wasn't). The Found Guilty proc is treated as a separate AoE skill/attack, therefore will hurt the user if they are confused.

...hold on. Anyone can take a screenshot of the Found Guilty description?

Because if it works as described here, man. Have I got a devious idea for a theorycraft in mind.  :devil:

Check OP, just added screenshots of all the weapons. I don't know exactly how the game classifies it, but it does have attack rolls and an apparent penetration value (only impactful with lashes). I've made quite a few posts in here on it so maybe one of them addresses your idea? Otherwise I'd love to hear it!

Check OP, just added screenshots of all the weapons. I don't know exactly how the game classifies it, but it does have attack rolls and an apparent penetration value (only impactful with lashes). I've made quite a few posts in here on it so maybe one of them addresses your idea? Otherwise I'd love to hear it!

Berserker/Nalpazca with Oathbreaker's End, leaving the Berserker Frenzy's Confused Affliction unneutralized on purpose for extra defenses from Frostfur Cloak, and so that the Found Guilty AoE will hit the Ravager himself for more Monk Wounds, with the damage being mitigated with the Soul Void amulet and Whiteleaf. Currently looking to be my Watcher concept for an RDC run, with the RP background being a former Ruquapa who was dishonorably discharged from the Rauatai military for his drug habits, then went to the White March and met this old stoner called Zahua.  :grin:

But if Found Guilty has an attack roll like you said, that would mean Dance of Death isn't compatible with this strategy...

• Like 1

Correct about dance with death. Also confused will reduce the AoE. Though turning wheel will help mitigate this.

Best results I've had so far were the single class Berzerker on the previous page and a Streetfighter/Zerker, both using Pull of Eora and spirit tornado. The Marauder you just chain spam cheap abilities through Blood Thirst. Both with max int and Aloth's armour and 2x overseeing rings.

Like the idea but you would be doing a lot of damage to yourself! Mayne no subclass monk and use it to generate wounds for Reach of Torment spamming?

Edited by thundercleese

Correct about dance with death. Also confused will reduce the AoE. Though turning wheel will help mitigate this.

Best results I've had so far were the single class Berzerker on the previous page and a Streetfighter/Zerker, both using Pull of Eora and spirit tornado. The Marauder you just chain spam cheap abilities through Blood Thirst. Both with max int and Aloth's armour and 2x overseeing rings.

Like the idea but you would be doing a lot of damage to yourself! Mayne no subclass monk and use it to generate wounds for Reach of Torment spamming?

Ah. Well, I guess I'd either drop Dance of Death, or otherwise fall back to the old standby of Voidwheel. Then again, if I want to run with Dance of Death, I should probably go with a tankier setup anyway. I wonder if there's a one-handed weapon with self damage like Voidwheel?

I went with Nalpazca for the increased effectiveness of Whiteleaf, so as the regen the health I would lose with this strategy. I don't think a no-subclass Monk can do that quite as well.

The proficiency covers the 2H battle axe too.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

A proficiency is not connected to one-handed (or two-handed) usage.

It just adds a modal to the weapon - it doesn't matter at all how you wield it (also code-wise).

As AndreaColombo said: you can do Bleeding Cuts with Oathbreaker's End as with any other battle axe.

In case you didn't mean proficiencies but meant One Handed Style (or Two Weapon Style) that you use for one handed weapons opposed to Two Handed Style:

Oathbreaker's End only works with Two Handed Style, not One Handed or Two Weapon Style.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Ahh yes, makes sense, Thanks for pointing that out.