Ha! That's a rather long "Touch". :lol:

I know right. Would take three Arcane Cleanses to remove it.  ;)

Guess we’ll need a bug report for Frostfall’s not getting the extra penetration point from the talent.

Yeah good idea, will probably write one up tonight - unless someone else wants to. Are there any other elemental weapons? Can't really be bothered testing all the summoned ones tbh...

I’ve already reported that and the black bow :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Wow, both my bug reports from yesterday are already at the bottom of page 2 (and unanswered, but that I expected.) O.o

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Yea - it's pretty wild at the moment due to the good old tradition of Obsidian to introduce a lot of bugs with a patch that fixes bugs.

But to be fair - most of those seems to stem from the new content.

You may wanna bump it in a few days after the "Plague of Insects" wore off. I mean who needs fixes for game crashing bugs while those weapons lack their PEN, right? ;)

boeroer_do_it.png?dl=1

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Emm...could you just buy it from Henric in PM without any cheats? However, I won't be surprised if the majority of old saves are broken after 2.0 patch...

Btw, did anyone enchant the bow for Burn/Shock extra damage scaled with Metaphysics? What's the scale proportion, or, maybe, there's some bug with that (can't see any scaling on my battlemage Aloth with high Metaphysics).

Edited by Xsanf

Emm...could you just buy it from Henric in PM without any cheats? However, I won't be surprised if the majority of old saves are broken after 2.0 patch...

Btw, did anyone enchant the bow for Burn/Shock extra damage scaled with Metaphysics? What's the scale proportion, or, maybe, there's some bug with that (can't see any scaling on my battlemage Aloth with high Metaphysics).

It seems to scale very modestly at best I compared a 20 metaphysics character with Essence Interrupter vs Aamina's Legacy (20% damage lash) and the Aamina's Legacy did more damage. 

I have a character using EI as a helwalker/Beguiler. It’s my “I haven’t ever used Beguiler or cipher in general outside of soul blade” character. Devoted and maybe berserker would be ok too.

Between EI summons and the charm spells it’s pretty nice, and damage is fairly good with it sitting in the back using dance and flurry and the extra spell range helps keeps the dance going.

I already reported it - but as usual with my bug reports: nobody gives a flying flatterfart. ;)

:lol: Now comes the best part: I got an answer on my bug report and they say it's intended... Yeah, ROFL with me! :lol:

Of course it's intended - it's a feature from PoE1... ;)

• Like 2

I have a character using EI as a helwalker/Beguiler. It’s my “I haven’t ever used Beguiler or cipher in general outside of soul blade” character. Devoted and maybe berserker would be ok too.

Between EI summons and the charm spells it’s pretty nice, and damage is fairly good with it sitting in the back using dance and flurry and the extra spell range helps keeps the dance going.

Flurry doesn't work on ranged weapons. The other two do though.

Flurry doesn't work on ranged weapons. The other two do though.

Ah, habit there...meant lightning strikes, probably the only time I've ever taken it.

• 1 month later...

After a lot of testing, I would strongly recommend against using this bow, unless 1) you are willing to invest in 2 precious Adra Bans for the upgrade that turns transformed enemies into allies AND 2) you can remember to un-equip in fights involving enemies that drop desirable loot.

Let me explain these two problems:

1. The transformation (or "transfer") process will resurrect so many dead mobs that it will often prolong your fights by twice or even longer. (Yes, I've had many fights where literally every enemy resurrected at least once.)

But the problem is that Adra Bans are limited, precious resources, and you would probably want to use it for something else.

2. Transformed enemies will not drop the loot that they are intended to drop. This is apparently a well-known bug, but I did not discover it until level 16 of the 2nd game I've used this bow!

If you are willing to live with the above two issues, then, yes, it's a potent weapon - especially given when you can get it and the force multiplier effect it can have with the right upgrade. But you really need to build around it.

For me at least this bug was very intermittent and hard to pin down.  It almost seemed dependent not only on the fact that they were transformed, but how the transformed enemy is then killed.  But I could never figure out exactly what was going on.  I still use the bow even with that risk and at least for me 3.0 seems to have improved things.

Also, I have decidedly mixed feelings about the "Soul Diplomacy" upgrade.  There is actually some fun involved in the unfriendly spawn and they will also attack your real foes (so they are unfriendly to *everyone*).  That effect can sometimes be manipulated to your advantage (at lower levels spawning a Pirate Ogre in the enemy back line can actually be both fun and profitable).

YMMV.

• 2 years later...
On 8/5/2018 at 7:55 AM, Boeroer said:

The bow is very strong because it lets you get summons on the fly while doing damage.

You don't need to kill with the bow, just apply the status effect with a crit to an enemy and let others do the killing.

With Driving Flight you can affect two enemies with one shot. And scoring crits is rel. easy for a ranger or ranger multiclass.

I didn't test yet what happens if you crit your own beckoner-skeletons with the bow and then kill them with Grave Calling. Maybe you get an imp AND another creature? ;)

Did something get changed about this?

When I put the status effect on an enemy and switch to melee and kill them they don't transform, whein I kill with bow they do.

Just playing a Berserker/Streetfighter with Essence Interrupter (aiming for Anima's Legacy later on though) in a party and if I'm not hallucinating it doesn't matter who of my party members kills the enemy. So I guess the problem is switching to another weapon set?

What was a bit new to me (but I have to admit I didn't use EI a lot in the past) was that even the summoned creatures can get the status effect and then spawn another summon and so on.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

32 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Just playing a Berserker/Streetfighter with Essence Interrupter (aiming for Anima's Legacy later on though) in a party and if I'm not hallucinating it doesn't matter who of my party members kills the enemy. So I guess the problem is switching to another weapon set?

What was a bit new to me (but I have to admit I didn't use EI a lot in the past) was that even the summoned creatures can get the status effect and then spawn another summon and so on.

Yeah it must be related to switching, which is weird cuz the status stays on the enemy.

I wanted to exploit the very fact that the summon will spawn another, but for my soul blade cheese I also need melee kills, so I ended up just using EI for focus gain.