At the end of PoE1 I could really rile up some of the gods. How much would importing such a save (or creating such a gamestate) impact the deadfire experience? If there is a noticeable impact, is it interesting? Is it worth a playthrough on its own?

Edited by EmilAmundsen

At the end of PoE1 I could really rile up some of the gods. How much would importing such a save (or creating such a gamestate) impact the deadfire experience? If there is a noticeable impact, is it interesting? Is it worth a playthrough on its own?

I don't know about the others but Hylea really needs to grow the hell up.

(In answer to your question, I don't think I would do a whole playthrough just for that reason, but if you are inclined to play PoE1&2 anyway, it might be worth siding with/betraying some of the gods for flavor if it makes sense for the character you are playing). 

• Like 1

I did a playthrough where I pledged allegiance to

Rymgard

and choose a way of dealing with the souls differently.

During a certain sequence, I got a debuff called Burden of Memory. -2 to might and resolve. And it didn't get removed after rest. (It does have an unspecified lengthy duration, possibly determined from the system clock).

Edited by mosspit
  • Like 2

There's definitely an impact with Galawain, Berath and Rymrgand. Hylea... not so much. For Skaen I've got no clue.

if you angered

Galawain

he empowers certain enemies (dragons, the kraken if i'm not mistaken) with a buff called "X's wrath", boosting their level and stats

If you angered

Berath

he appears at some point to give you a debuff called "'Y's Wrath" giving - 1 to all stats, which lasts until you've killed 75 kith

Edited by Taevyr
  • Like 2

Funny.

Hylea, Galawain, and Beraths

"gifts" actually actually enrich the game. How many have complained that the game was to easy? And some are flat out hilarious in a good way, humor done right in a fantasy-fiction.

I started a character with the "all bad" game-state to quickly pick up the easy Beraths Blessings for a rather inefficient but likable RP-character. And the "Gods? I frack Hylea up her hiny!" attitude and the gods reaction to it was quite enjoyable. Being entirely unfaithful to the gods and really piss them off seems well worth it for roleplaying a character with a severely unagreeable personality. Well worth considering for a Bleak Walker for example.

Edited by EmilAmundsen
  • Like 1

Funny.

"gifts" actually actually enrich the game. How many have complained that the game was to easy? And some are flat out hilarious in a good way, humor done right in a fantasy-fiction.

Galawain kind of ticked off my Ranger in this regard, as

she's a beast hunter from the living lands - the bigger and tougher the better, especially dragons since PoE1 - and pledged to galawain in PoE1 as she liked his beliefs and way of thinking. If she'd angered him, she'd gotten a bigger challenge from her hunts. But instead, his boon actually debuffs dragons, removing part of the challenge and making her more than a bit cranky over the whole deal.

So much for being the god of Darwinism eh?

• Like 2

Funny.

Galawain kind of ticked off my Ranger in this regard, as

she's a beast hunter from the living lands - the bigger and tougher the better, especially dragons since PoE1 - and pledged to galawain in PoE1 as she liked his beliefs and way of thinking. If she'd angered him, she'd gotten a bigger challenge from her hunts. But instead, his boon actually debuffs dragons, removing part of the challenge and making her more than a bit cranky over the whole deal.

So much for being the god of Darwinism eh?

Wait, doing Galawain's bidding debuffs the dragons? I didn't notice, although all of my dragon fights were pretty easy. But I just thought it was because PotD was a joke at launch, plus Brawler was OP af.

Is pointing out the public release of the roadmap for the DLC a spoiler?

Since the DLCs are all centred on more direct interaction with the gods I put my churlish anti-god play through off till they're all released.

The penalties for 'betraying' the gods are a bit annoying and wear off with time or some small effort. Compared to the 3 happy meal rewards some of them give out for giving them the souls though?a bit out of whack.

I did start a play through with all the gods upset. Apart from the silly pranks they play, it does change up quite a few lines and attitude each time you visit the Beyond.

I am looking forward to finishing it, but definitely upsetting them all at once.

• Like 1