Not Sure What to Do About the Dragon (Major DLC Spoilers)

I almost asked about this in another thread here, but it seemed too much a departure from the topic.

I'm at the point where you talk to or fight Nericyrlas (correct me if I'm spelling this wrong).  The conversation very much seemed to either-or from what I could see.  Either kill Nericyrlas, or prod her into killing Rymrgand.  I'm not sure what to do, on an ethical level.

I've been wanting to help Nericyrlas escape throughout the DLC and trying to keep an eye out for a way to do that (in case it was possible).  But I feel mixed about the situation here.  It sounds like Nericyrlas wasn't exactly a great person, but it also sounds like she was acting out of desperation maybe.  It's hard to know from the context I have.  

Additionally, something about the conversation to get her to fight Rymrgand instead felt...like it was using her?  And also setting him up to be killed.  It didn't seem like it was exactly trying to help her out, and I'm not sure if killing Rymrgand's an ethical thing to do (assuming it's possible) either.

If anyone has any opinions or advice on whether it's better to just fight her or tell her to fight the entropy god, or if there's another option I don't know of, please let me know!  

---

Side notes:

If people can somehow avoid telling me major spoilers for the very end of the DLC, that would be neat, but I'm not going to complain if you do, since I'm setting myself up for it almost as much as possible.

In case it matters - 

My character has plenty of metaphysics and I can (and did) jack up the insight skill with incense (got it to 11). I may or may not be able to improve Arcana for this. 

Also, my character has tried to take with/save every soul.

In case it matters: my character has plenty of metaphysics and I can (and did) jack up the insight skill with incense (got it to 11). I may or may not be able to improve Arcana for this. 

• Like 1

There's a third option - you can convince her to let you take her phylactery out of Rymrgand's realm.

I loaded my pre-dragon hard save to check. Seems you need to have 13+ arcana and 11+ diplomacy to do it. May be other ways.

• Like 2

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Thank you both for the un-spoilery advice/info!

There's a third option - you can convince her to let you take her phylactery out of Rymrgand's realm.

I loaded my pre-dragon hard save to check. Seems you need to have 13+ arcana and 11+ diplomacy to do it. May be other ways.

OH. Damn, that'd explain why I didn't see it.

I'll give it a shot!

• Like 1