[2.0] UI inventory interaction much more sluggish

thelee

Question

Since 2.0, there is an ever-so-slight delay when trying to pick up items in my inventory. It is enough of a delay that it is destroying my muscle memory; e.g. instead of easy shift-clicking to sell items or put them into my stash, I have to consciously press down shift, hesitate, AND THEN click for it to register as a shift-click.

No save or output_log, just a general issue in any game.

• Like 2

11 answers to this question

this became an issue after 1.2, particularly later-game when the save file gets big, I'm guessing

under a new 2.0 game, so far in the early game, no UI lag 

I didn't notice in 1.2 at all (and I've played 4 complete runs pre-2.0 and never noticed a significant degradation).

By contrast, I've been playing my current game through pre-2.0 and post-2.0 and the change in UI responsiveness was dramatic (like I said, it really disrupted my muscle memory). Like literally, the day 2.0 dropped I loaded up my last save and immediately noticed the UI lag. So this is firmly a 2.0 issue.

Edited by thelee

INTERESTINGLY, if I load my same game onto my OS X install of deadfire (a macbook pro), I get no UI lag. Just on my PC gaming rig.

I wonder if they left some build flag accidentally enabled when generating the windows version of the game, but not other platforms.

Edited by thelee

Hi thelee,

I've added your issue about performance when interacting with items in the Inventory to our database for further investigation. It'd be greatly appreciated if you could also provide your output log and DxDiag files.

Output log: \Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity II\PillarsOfEternityII_Data

Thanks!