AI

As Adria Teksuni said, K2 is almost ready and is in testing stage.

I think one question that was post by many people remained unanswered: the artificial intelligence of characters. I asked this question several months ago and John Morgan said "workin' on it". One weekend Akari said they are still not reviewing it. Taking into account that the stupidity of NPCs concerns the whole gameplay and impression, I would like to ask once again: are Obsidian going to improve this awfull AI, or at least implement some command like "follow me" as in NWN (BTW, very usefull command, because NWN characters are as idiotic as KOTOR ones).

Thank you. :lol:

Nik.

I hated it when you were trying to defuse a bomb and some stupid f*%$ from your party would run straight through it, setting it off :angry:

Another thing that I disliked was when you didnt want to fight someone at that precise moment, so I would take control of the character that had started fighting, run them away and dissengage combat mode, only for the characters I didnt have contol over to do the exact same thing! Thus the cycle would continue :) :angry:

Besides the above instances, one of the things that annoyed me most about the NPC AI was that, especially in places like the Star Forge, they'd go running off and "trigger" a new set of enemies while I was trying to finish off an existing group. It made tactical combat non-existent.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Another thing that I disliked was when you didnt want to fight someone at that precise moment, so I would take control of the character that had started fighting, run them away and dissengage combat mode, only for the characters I didnt have contol over to do the exact same thing! Thus the cycle would continue :)  :angry:

ya i had the same problem, they better fix this and other problems.

Besides the above instances, one of the things that annoyed me most about the NPC AI was that, especially in places like the Star Forge, they'd go running off and "trigger" a new set of enemies while I was trying to finish off an existing group.  It made tactical combat non-existent.

Ironically, this is the only thing that made combat unique or difficult on the starforge. Not in a good way, either, sadly...

How about they use the Full Spectrum Warrior AI where you can take cover and flank the enemy in combat? That would spice up combat if it was like FSW, plus the RPG of TSL it would be the best of two genres? Wild idea but possible.

ya because stand 5 feet from an enemy with a sword, will kill you or when carth is stand 5 feet from a another person with a gun and they are both missng, whats up with that? <_<

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf