Hello, guys!)

I've just completed the DLC with my main character Paladin/Chanter(Troubador) on PoTD That was the first time I've chosen tank/healer/support role, that was an awesome idea plus the ability to spam the enemies with summons, providing total control of the battlefield. Sorry for the long introduction.

I decided to try a guy, like Paladin-tank-healer plus something and want to try the ranger. The core is to tank and heal, while having the pet as a damage-dealer

My experience with the Ranger is 7th level max, so it's low as the bottom, and I want to ask:

1. Ghostheart vs Stalker? If I start Stalker-Paladin is the survivability of the pet is good enough, so I don't have to waste all the Lay on Hands? Or it is better to take the Ghost anyway?

2. Which pet? I thought about wolf and the lion for damage

3. Animancer cat? Does the cat influence the summoned pet of the Ghostheart giving Pen and Might? The Ghostheart is better this way, I think

4. Pet is able to deal extra damage to the targets under DoT. Does the Sworn enemy with fire DoT count?

Thank you!

1 & 2:

If you go Stalker, I would go with the Boar for its constant healing. Pets struggle to survive, especially on solo.

If you go Ghost Heart, you've got more room for an offensively-oriented pet choice.

3 & 4: I don't know. Try testing it with console commands.

I went midgame with Stalker / Kind Wayfarer.  Dual Wield.  Since Flames of Devotion heals you are members around you, you are able to do damage and still be high support, thanks to paladin passives you are really tanky, and the ranger aspect concentrate on increasing the damage of pet.  I did a playthru with wolf, he tended to be squishy and needed more heals than I thou was necessary, then did with bear and what a change.  Bear would just take it to the face and smile.  Since it has higher AR its incredible.  Ghost heart, if you wanna be ranged and no pets.

Boar has the highest HP of all the pets and it also has a small regen. Lion has the second highest HP iirc but is also considered an offensive pet I believe. So for stalker one of those would be my choice. Bear has a higher armor rating but it's not enough to prevent pen anyway.

For Ghostheart u can go any really because u don't have to care if they die.

Using paladins healing FoD is a smart and good solution to keep dealing dmg while still also keeping the pet alive. Paladin/Stalker might actually be perfect for eachother