Hey guys, 

So, I'm planning on playing a Marauder for my Beast of Winter (And other DLC) save, and I don't want to commit to any one weapon, like I've done with some of my previous builds, because there's so many different items available that all seem pretty fun to use. So, I was wondering what everyone's favorite (And second favorite) weapons of each type were. Battle axes and clubs don't count, since there's only one each of those. 

I’m just gonna do 1h melee 1h ranged 2h melee 2h ranged for the sake of brevity. Not including dlc weps.

1h melee:
1) Kahua Hozi (Acquired Mid-Late game): I love spears and this one delivers. Dual damage types, extra action speed, and good damage makes this great for my mc’s crit build.
2) Modwyr (Acquired Early-Mid game): It’s a horny, talking sword. Nothing more to add.

1h ranged:
1) Eccea’s Arcane Blaster (Acquired Late game): Raw damage, the ability to split bullets like a Korean Cowboy movie, and a modal that makes it hit like a magical truck.
2) Kitchen Stove (Acquired Early-Late game based on money-saving or thievery skills): It fires a whole load of **** at the opponent and deals all physical damage types (although mostly pierce). Has an enchantment to decrease reload time.

2h melee:
1) Sanguine Greatsword (Late game): It looks cool and hits hard. With the modal it makes me beat my meat.
2) Chromoprismatic Staff (Late game): It’s a magical stick that you can smack people in the face with apart from my d*ck. It gets the job done and has some cool enchants

2h ranged:
1) Spearcaster (Can be retrieved early with high mechanics and low morals): Dis boi is a magical powerhouse. Stick it on a backliner with high arcana and the enemies will be knocked around like pinballs.

2) Blightheart (Mid-Late game): It is a literal boomstick with poison on top

Edited by anathanielh

Poleaxes have the distinction of two truly weird items, both of which are very nearly build defining: Wahai Poraga, and Lord Darryn's Voulge (which is so barbarian-oriented that it feels wasted on anyone else, imo).

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Poleaxes have the distinction of two truly weird items, both of which are very nearly build defining: Wahai Poraga, and Lord Darryn's Voulge (which is so barbarian-oriented that it feels wasted on anyone else, imo).

I used Lord Darryn's Voulge in my 1.02 game - I'm not sure how badly the changes they made to it affected it, but I'd love to use it for this character too, since it's really fitting. I also saw there's a more battleaxe looking pollaxe in the DLC, so that looks cool. I like the idea of axes, battleaxes especially, as a pirate weapon. 

I used Lord Darryn's Voulge in my 1.02 game - I'm not sure how badly the changes they made to it affected it, but I'd love to use it for this character too, since it's really fitting. I also saw there's a more battleaxe looking pollaxe in the DLC, so that looks cool. I like the idea of axes, battleaxes especially, as a pirate weapon.

The Obnoxious Medieval Combat Nerd in me feels the need to point out that it's realistic, too! Axes and pikes were staples of seaborne warfare in the Age of Sail.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

The Obnoxious Medieval Combat Nerd in me feels the need to point out that it's realistic, too! Axes and pikes were staples of seaborne warfare in the Age of Sail.

I'd heard about axes, but I didn't know about pikes. That's actually really cool! 

The “battle-axe-looking pollaxe” in the DLC is actually a battle axe. It uses the battle axe proficiency.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Awesome! Have any good book recommendations on this topic?

Awesome! Have any good book recommendations on this topic?

Quite far from seaborne warfare but I very much enjoyed the Temudjin books :)

Flails - Sungrazer and Flog of Obedience

Maces - Bardatto Luxury

Swords - Duskfall

Poleaxes - duh, Spin to Win

Daggers - Pukestabber

Scepters - Eye of Wael

Warbow - Veilpiercer

Staff - (and probably one of, if not the best, weapon in the game) Chromo Staff

Edited by Verde

If you like different weapon and play with different weapon mechanics, I offer to change class to Ghost Heart. On L8 you will get the best martial skills in the game, just pick it any test with different weapon

2 x weapons with on crit bonus will give you max bonus on too WW
Watershaper focus will melt group with > 4 mobs at single TW 
I posted Blunderbuss strategy for melting bosses
I posted 1x hand + minor blight to melting large gropus
New 2H axe with modal look very cool 
Check Frostseeker builds

Streetfighter/x combos is good on numbers, DM, attack speed ... but it can't overcome good synergy between class & weapon 

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

If you play Potd upscaled Mohora tanga turns out to be the better high level spear than Kahua Hozi, since maxing Survival will give you a juicy pen bonus of 6 (18 pen legendary without class bonuses like Devoted).

It is still required to either wield Kahua hozi in offhand or in the 2nd weapon slot for pierce immune enemies, but tbh I haven't come across any of those lately, maybe some kind of blight...

If you like different weapon and play with different weapon mechanics, I offer to change class to Ghost Heart. On L8 you will get the best martial skills in the game, just pick it any test with different weapon

2 x weapons with on crit bonus will give you max bonus on too WW

Watershaper focus will melt group with > 4 mobs at single TW 

I posted Blunderbuss strategy for melting bosses

I posted 1x hand + minor blight to melting large gropus

New 2H axe with modal look very cool 

Check Frostseeker builds

Streetfighter/x combos is good on numbers, DM, attack speed ... but it can't overcome good synergy between class & weapon 

Well, I'm sure there are weapons that synergize well with the Marauder. 

Of-course :D But Marauder doesn't bring you anything new from L1 :D Only numbers, that why I don't  like classes like this, but if you enjoy high DPS, I will prefer 2x sabres, one that give you accuracy on hit and second one that give you cold lash on hit

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Of-course :D But Marauder doesn't bring you anything new from L1 :D Only numbers, that why I don't  like classes like this, but if you enjoy high DPS, I will prefer 2x sabres, one that give you accuracy on hit and second one that give you cold lash on hit

I like the big numbers, yes. 

I like the big numbers, yes. 

Then 100% Scordeo's Edge, chance to additional attack, passive accuracy - there no alternative for this weapon currently

Off-hand  Modwyr (+20% lash, immunity to mind affliction, +20% to Attack Speed) or Grave Calling (+30% cold lash after 15 hits with weapon)

Edited by mant2si

Of-course :D But Marauder doesn't bring you anything new from L1 :D Only numbers, that why I don't like classes like this, but if you enjoy high DPS, I will prefer 2x sabres, one that give you accuracy on hit and second one that give you cold lash on hit

He's not asking about changing classes but rather your favorite weapons for consideration.

So, right now I'm thinking...

1. Modwyr/Duskfall or Modwyr/Grave Calling: Two handed slash primary weapon set, with double cold/cold-fire lash

2. Lord Darryn's Voulge: Shock/Slash with good enchants, but can't be upgraded to Legendary. Sadness! or Wahai Poroga. Spin to win and attack everything around you. 

3. Kitchen Stove and Thundercrack Pistol or Scordeo's Prize and Thundercrack Pistol for ranged fun when needed. 

Here's a nice corollary for this question! Which weapons and armor have enchantments that synergize well with the Barbarian/Rogue playstyle? 

Armor-wise, the DoC Breastplate is definitely my go-to for mixed martial multiclass builds (+2/+2 class resource, resistance to Int afflictions, some good 'on crit' effects). 

Weapon-wise, there's not a whole lot that really comes out besides "Do more damage!" so, Modwyr and Duskfall definitely appeal for that reason - they're fast, cool looking, and obtainable fairly early on. That said, dual swords are a little... plain, in terms of overall look and feel, so I'm not entirely sold. 

I've also considered Pollaxes, because Lord Darryn's Voulge is, as stated, such a perfect Barbarian's weapon - the only real issue with it being that it doesn't go up to Legendary quality.But I'm worried that I won't be making best use of my class if I go with a two-hander when I have so many Full Attacks. 

So basically, is it possible to go for style points without sacrificing too much performance-wise? 

Stalker's Patience and Mohora Tanga (possibly already been mentioned) are fairly rogue/crit oriented. Though to get the most out of them you would want to max stealth and survival respectively (though the stealth bonus is far less significant). Dual spears could look a little weird though...

A real surprise for me with my Fanatic build was how good Last Word was. Since I was criting all the time enemies were stuck only able to auto attack (silences on crit for 3 secs). Between that and inturpting blows he could lock down the big nasties while putting out decent numbers and doting everything he hit (bloody dance).

But you lose the big splash numbers to balance the dual damage type on the warhammers.

I'm glad they are under rated though. It just makes my builds less likely to get nerfed.

• Like 1

A real surprise for me with my Fanatic build was how good Last Word was. Since I was criting all the time enemies were stuck only able to auto attack (silences on crit for 3 secs). Between that and inturpting blows he could lock down the big nasties while putting out decent numbers and doting everything he hit (bloody dance).

But you lose the big splash numbers to balance the dual damage type on the warhammers.

I'm glad they are under rated though. It just makes my builds less likely to get nerfed.

Yeah I love that Warhammer too! I like dual weilding it with kapana Tanga club and Reckless Brigandine for +4 engagements.