Serafen's Teamkill damage is seriously out-of-whack at lvl 19/20 (As in; Insta-kill grazes)

Hassat Hunter

Question

So suddenly after reaching level 19, I had cases of teammates mysteriously DYING on me or auto-pausing since "extreme low health" even when the enemy was very very very VERY far away.

Turned out it was Serafen, doing overly extreme amounts of damage to my team due to his Wild Mind ability. I don't think it should really do 300(!!!) damage on a graze though. That's just INSANE.

Level 19;

gJv5MLa.jpg

Level 20 (got the +5 power levels at his level up, might account for some of that insane spike);

65SRT12.jpg

IDXziq6.jpg

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

9 answers to this question

A second encounter, the damage reported should have insta-killed Serafen, but for some reason it did around 10% of the reported value...

kfeDAh0.jpg

jEX9ECA.png

vh0uPwy.png

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Then we've got a third encounter, where the damage basically matches the outcome, and isn't full insane. Does anyone have any clue what the hell is going on here with this stuff?

TOoxkSU.jpg

miO4KSi.jpg

8aBPq4d.jpg

^

Looks like the Miscast AOE is set to not graze, maybe you have an effect that's preventing it from missing and the UI is showing it wrong?

The damage amount is 3x the amount of Focus Serapen has on spell cast, which explains the sometimes extremely high values (especially in your 315 example), but it's adjusted by Shock resistance, which might explain the difference between shown and actual damage.

As far as I know nobody on my team has any shock-resistance at all. Not that that's showing anywhere on the UI, but I do not use gear or perks that decrease shock damage.

154 > 40 and 200 > 50 would be a 75% decrease in the second post for both me and Sarafen. Really sure I don't got that much resistance unless it's that massive a boost hidden on something,

^

Checked my save made around said spot, exactly 0 shock resistance at all on either.

^

Once again Serafen wiped everyone (during a dragonfight to boot ffs) insta-killing Aloth and Xoti, yet somehow surviving 400 damage (out of his 200 pool) himself.

Seems I found the cause though; Reforge the Flesh from "The Maker's Own Power" Belt.

Now to see why the player character cheats death, unless the only reason for that is somehow the effect also applied to both users somehow (not intended).

Damage still seems way too much though. Can't imagine being a pleasant surprise "lol, everyone dies by Serafen!" if you played Iron Man mode.

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

It happened to me on an Trial of Iron playthrough, where Serafen quite literally killed everyone except Eder (300-400dmg). Eder survived only because Wild Mind completely missed him. Luckily he was tanky enough to handle the encounter alone. But after that, I only have him cast Cipher spells far away from the party.

Also will never include Serafen as a Cipher in future Trial of Iron playthroughs.

Edited by mosspit