What is your best build for exploring the world and story?

Priorities:

1: high frequency of unlocking dialogue that give extra insight into how the extra-dimensional and Godly parts of the world really works.

2: high frequency of unlocking dialogue that give extra clues and insight into what goes on behind the scenes of the story.

3: a strong combat build within the above framework.

4: above criterias > melee characters > ranged > support

5: I find it hard to play cruel characters and goody two-shoes

This site can be provide clues:

https://wiki.fireundubh.com/deadfire/dialogue-options#root

My current ideas:

I started a game as a death godlike single-class priest of Berath. I'm looking for a better option because I find the support-role somewhat undesirable for my main.

I'm considering a fire-godlike multiclass priest of magran and monk. But it's got low mental/social stats. I'm also concerned it's not very strong combat-wise.

I'm considering a godlike ciper/priest of some form, but I'm just starting to theory-craft it and I don't apparently see how it would synergize properly for good effect.

Edited by EmilAmundsen

Goldpact Knight/Cipher gets the highest number of special responses possible without being a Priest, and will do alright with high mental stats all around (although most of the stuff you're getting from Goldpact Knight is pretty insubstantial, "HAVE I MENTIONED I AM A MERCENARY THIS MORNING?" type of stuff).

• Like 2

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Goldpact Knight/Cipher gets the highest number of special responses possible without being a Priest, and will do alright with high mental stats all around (although most of the stuff you're getting from Goldpact Knight is pretty insubstantial, "HAVE I MENTIONED I AM A MERCENARY THIS MORNING?" type of stuff).

Thanks for the tip.

I've done a Goldpact-knight multiclass for the prologue and a bit beyond. I liked the dry down-to-earth unflinching responses of the class, but for this challenge I'm looking for dialogue that targets what I outlined in OP.

One would think wizard would give some unique insight into the reality behind "the veil" (so to speak), but with a max of 14 unique dialogue-options it seems the chance of it would be low.

Do you know any classes that have these particular kind of dialogue? I played Cipher for a few levels, but all I got was some mental sparring with "pirate-Yoda", which isn't quite what I'm after for the purpose of this challenge.

Plus to max stoic a ton of your own dialog choices need to be:

[stay silent]

Plus to max stoic a ton of your own dialog choices need to be:

[stay silent]

To be fair [stay silent] is often the superior dialogue-option what sensibility is concerned. :D

• Like 1

I will put in next few days my new Itinerant of Berath solo PotD/DD build. This is role-play build with Lawful Neutral, "Judge", Pale Elf character with Ghost Wolf pet :D  This build used both melee and range weapons and doesn't need to max History/Intimidate skills

It is some kind of my previous BDD build https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/103905-build-harbinger-of-doom-dark-shaman-solopotdroleplay/, but more friendly for early game and because of Ghost Heart has some micromanagement flour

And of-course as Priest of Berath you has GOOD reason to follow Eothas

Feel free to build it by yourself :D

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 1

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)