[Spoilers] How to avoid [...] during the Xoti quest?

In my first playground I ended up with

Xoti going straight to the dark side, despite not having explicitly driven her this way.

I went with her to

performing the ritual in Eothas temple in Neketaka,

but I think I failed 

to have her discharge the souls in a adra pillar. I did try that a couple of time but she absorbed the souls instead of discarding them. I never explicitly encouraged her to do "bad things" or so.

Any suggestion to avoid the outcome with my new Watcher?

Edited by Visenya

I'm not positive on this one. I think you need to pick optimistic /kind answers and discourage her from trying to gain power and whatnot.

I also heard a theory somewhere that if she gets mixed signals she'll do the opposite of what you say at the Vailain adra pillar.

• Like 1

Tell Xoti to give up the souls during the ritual in Neketaka, definitely don't have said anything like she should hold on to souls. If she gives up the souls to the pillar she will be goodly, but she can still release them at a pillar and be evil depending on your conversation options with her.

Don't ever tell Xoti that she should hold on to souls, and avoid the obviously evil kinds of answers, and you shouldn't have a lunatic evil Xoti in my experience. Some of the darkside answers could be seen as a sort of "think for yourself" kind of philosophy instead of really evil, but since there is only a lightside or darkside outcome middle ground stuff ends up being darkside answers IIRC.

• Like 1

You have to say "What if you don't gather souls anymore?" In the temple. If you don't then she's going to be "evil".

This. It's pretty much this conversation that brings her to the good side. And ofcourse releasing the souls to the adra pillar/temple.

Edited by Verde
  • Like 1

I have only played the "light" version of her quest, is the alternative really all-out evil? It would be nice if it were a little more in the gray area - Xoti could use a little bit of a dark side...

Uuuuh. Let's just say that instead of focusing on shepherding the souls of the already dead, she kind of takes it upon herself to *make* a few more souls for the purpose of shepherding. 

In other words, she kind of becomes a homicidal lunatic. 

Really good sickle upgrade though, if you care about that. 

• Like 2