The level requirement of the quest is no indicator for the first fight (which seems unavoidable as far as I can tell).

I created a new char and at first the quest had 3 skulls.

I then leveled up to at least two levels above what was show in the quest, but almost immediately after entering the new island got attacked by a creature with 3 red skulls and unlimited spells.

The level requirement of the quest is no indicator for the first fight (which seems unavoidable as far as I can tell).

I then leveled up to at least two levels above what was show in the quest, but almost immediately after entering the new island got attacked by a creature with 3 red skulls and unlimited spells.

Aawh and I missed that! Did u die? :D

• Like 2

Playing in PotD with level scaling up and with the Watcher at lvl 16 (rest of the party is 15), I found most of the fights to be very challenging. A lot more than in the vanilla game. I ended up resting after almost every fight because I have to burn all my per-rest abilities and get injuries basically everytime.

Especially those frost shades that tend to obliterate my backline, are highly resilient, and spawn a ice blight upon death.

This is with a not min-maxed but still decently built and equiped party.

Edited by Myrtillo
  • Like 2

Playing in PotD with level scaling up and with the Watcher at lvl 16 (rest of the party is 15), I found most of the fights to be very challenging. A lot more than in the vanilla game. I ended up resting after almost every fight because I have to burn all my per-rest abilities and get injuries basically everytime.

Especially those frost shades that tend to obliterate my backline, are highly resilient, and spawn a ice blight upon death.

This is with a not min-maxed but still decently built and equiped party.

Sounds promising!

Aawh and I missed that! Did u die? :D

Not only that, no way to do that fight solo Potd with level 13 and almost no good equip. ;)

(So I had to reload before I entered DLC)

• Like 1

Most. Annoying. Thing.  :p

They seem to really ignore the tank and just melee-rush the spellcasters... FUN TIMES!

On the bridge ablaze, I had to tune the difficulty down to veteran after 5 tries and not being remotely close to win the battle against fire soldiers/archers/cleric in the moment after the godhammer.

It is doable imo, but requires a specific party setup, probably a lot of raw damage/armor debuff (10 ennemies with armor between 13-15 and fire immunity. Yuk). I don't have that prepared in my current party and don't want to backtrack and break the DLC immersion.

This fight on veteran was a cakewalk (armors between 9 and 13 mean I could penetrate it easily).

Fights are definitely more difficult than the base game. The snow bears have over 20 slash/pierce armour on upscaled PotD. First time I encountered the spirit barbarians I obliterated myself (barbaric retaliation). The end boss actually feels like a boss fight which is a nice change. And as others have mentioned the frost shades are pretty nasty. Taking on the whole room of spirits in the trials was pretty fun too.