How to drain the water in Sunken Crown?

Sunken Crown is where you meet the Huana king. There is loot I cannot reach unless the water is drained. 

Edit: Just checked my post, and I found this a bit confusing. I'm talking about the right side of the map inside the Sunken Crown, where you get a unique great sword; not where you see a statue holding a scepter.

Edited by Gilded Hand

I don't know how I did it, but after I talked to the king I left the the area through the right portal and then went back to the palace by walking through the area again and the water was gone. I don't know what I did to remove the water, but it was gone.

That whole area is about playing at watershaping, so you're gonna need to be more specific. Overall I didn't find it a very tricky puzzle (easier than the Wael dungeon puzzle on the black isle) - most if not all toggles are purely helpful, as in they clear an area without also obstructing another. Just take portals and see if they lead to a new toggle...

But if you want the one held by a statue I think you need to enter the Sunken Crown from the south (it'll be south when you zone in) and exit to the northwest and hit the toggle.

I don't know how I did it, but after I talked to the king I left the the area through the right portal and then went back to the palace by walking through the area again and the water was gone. I don't know what I did to remove the water, but it was gone.

Might be the game considers the puzzle beaten when you've talked to the king so it just solves the rest.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

That whole area is about playing at watershaping, so you're gonna need to be more specific. Overall I didn't find it a very tricky puzzle (easier than the Wael dungeon puzzle on the black isle) - most if not all toggles are purely helpful, as in they clear an area without also obstructing another. Just take portals and see if they lead to a new toggle...

But if you want the one held by a statue I think you need to enter the Sunken Crown from the south (it'll be south when you zone in) and exit to the northwest and hit the toggle.

I think he's talking about the indoors area where you meet the king, not the outdoors one where you get the scepter from the statue. As I said, I managed to get to it but I have no idea how I did it.

Yeah, I have the sword. It's just the water was already drained when I entered so I never realized there was a puzzle.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

make the water flow up in front of the sunken crown's first entrance

Didn't do it :/

Neither the waterfall, NOR the full puddle.

Talking about the scepter correct? Exit left and hit the water panel. Ezpz.

Didn't do it :/ (probably since talking about the wrong location, since that does allow sceptre access but leaves the Sunken Crown sunken)

Anybody else got any theories? Or did I screw myself over by basically having to unlock the portal twice, since after I unlocked it I used the one above again thinking it might unlock the other segment but just relocked the cave again and had to go back through a few segments to unlock  Sunken Crown once more?

I did manage to get my savegame locked up in an unfinishable state though, so there's that. Not exactly what I was aiming for XD

EDIT: Gave a few more attempts and nothing. I give up, I think it's just broken.

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I think (haven't solved the puzzle and quite sure that I broke it for this playthrough), that the waterfall in the middle of the map must flow upwards, but doing so makes both entrances to the Sunken Crown inaccessible.

I "figured" this out after bashing my head against the keyboard for 20 minutes. I'm still not entirely sure how, but I think the key is to make a path from the portal to the Shattered Passage to the 2nd entrance to the Sunken Crown.

Here's how I did it:

1) Exit Sunken Crown using the left portal and drain the pool with the statue

2) Cover up the other entrance to Sunken Crown

3) Exit Drowned Kingdom using the right portal in Sunken Crown

4) Reenter Drown Kingdom and take the first portal to the north

5) Use the statue to drain the northernmost pool

At this point you should be able to make your way to the 2nd Sunken Crown entrance and the pool inside should be drained (at least it was for me.....)

If that doesn't work here are the pools I had drained when I solved the puzzle: the northernmost, the one in the middle of the map, the one with the statue leading to Sunken Crown, and the one with the switch above the first sunken crown entrance

• Like 3

I figurred it out.

First you have to drain all water pools from south and west side of the map until only two sunked area near the entrance lef (east side of the map) t. Then you should go back to throne room and left the area to central hub via portal. Then enter again so you will start the area from the beginning. Now when two of the nearest water pools are full, you should go through northern portal and hit the switch there and now you have clear way to the throne room through few portals. You enter the throne room in north-west area where the scepter was and the floor is clear to explore.

• Like 5

giphy.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I just remember having to get into the Sunken Crown. Then there's a portal next to the king's throne, on the left I think, that takes you to a place where you should be able to access the statue or do something that gives you access to the statue.

• 1 month later...

if your in the Sunken Crown and it is flooded go out the right exit back to the shattered passage. Re-enter the flooded passage and this resets it you only need to open two flood gates the first is obvious as its the only way to go up the first portal open the flood gate then go up the stairs enter the portal open the flood gate and go through the next portal enter the sunken crown and it should be empty fight the spirits and you get the sword

• 3 months later...

I came here searching for the solution of the puzzle and understand this topic turns to be harder than solving the puzzle...

Guys, I don't want to sound aggressive, but you should really think about your ability to explain things to people (seriously, read what you wrote, your instruction are so bad I created a new account just to explain it better).

1. Get to the Sunken Crown map; go through the fight and the scene with the king.
2. Leave the map by the top/left portal.
3. Activate the water manipulator and get the weapon from the statue. At this point both flooded paths just outside the Sunken Crown are walkable - keep it that way.
4. Go back to the Sunken Crown map using the portal (any one).
5. Leave the Sunken Crown map by the top/right portal.
6. Now you are outside the flooded map (just in the first map where you spoke with the dragon before it "dug" a hole in the ground. Go back to the flooded map.
7. Inside the flooded map, go stair up and use the portal (since you have no other option)
8. Use the water manipulator thing just outside the portal - a new path will be available (in the same "platform" you are now).
9. DO NOT use any other water manipulator, just walk and use portals to reach again the Sunken Crown map.
10. Profit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

While playing with gods challenges activated I encountered a big problem here. I can't finish the combat and talk to the king because I can't kill the enemies in the flooded area... It's possible to empty the throne room before entering it?