I'd like to change my portrait's hair colour and would like help

As the title says, I'd like to change my character portraits hair colour to better reflect my character in the game. I've tried changing it in gimp by following tutorials to minor success but it just doesn't look quite right. If somebody could do me a solid and change my portrait's hair colour from lightish green to darkish red like in the screenshots provided that would be awesome. 

It's really getting under my skin not having a portrait that matches my character. ;_; Surely you understand.

P.S If it's not too much to ask could the eye colour also be changed from green to gold? It would mean a lot to me.

post-218280-0-67433000-1533273746_thumb.png

post-218280-0-86571300-1533273756_thumb.png

post-218280-0-41787300-1533273766_thumb.png

• Like 1

No worries - it only took 5 to 10 minutes or so. And I like to do such shortish image manipulations just for a change to coding/analyzing code. :)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

No worries - it only took 5 to 10 minutes or so. And I like to do such shortish image manipulations just for a change to coding/analyzing code. :)

God, this is embarrassing. I'm super grateful still, but if it's not too much to ask one more thing of you could you change the ear colour to be similar to the face? I promise this will be the last thing I ask of you.  :facepalm:

I already made them a tad more green but not all the way because I thought a slightly different (more yellowish) color might look nice.

If you prefer "greener" ears (in line with the face): no problem at all. I just went to bed though - so you'll have to wait until tomorrow. ;)

• Like 1

I already made them a tad more green but not all the way because I thought a slightly different (more yellowish) color might look nice.

If you prefer "greener" ears (in line with the face): no problem at all. I just went to bed though - so you'll have to wait until tomorrow. ;)

Very well, I'll make do. Thanks for replying b4 you went to bed. I did notice that, but my nitpicking got the better of me.

• Like 1

I thought you guys might be interested in what I've created (by following a tutorial) out of the image Boeroer so kindly provided me with. It's a water colour version of it for use within the game. Other people can use it too, if they want. Thanks again! :banana:

post-218280-0-31901300-1533351872_thumb.png

post-218280-0-00145700-1533363325_thumb.png

Edited by LegendaryWyatt

We could also just use the original wc portrait and change the colors a bit. I guess that's easier than making a watercolor version from a "normal" portrait (which is tricky if you want to really match the original Deadfire watercolor style in my opinion).

Or wait: was the above picture an official one? If not forget what I said. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

We could also just use the original wc portrait and change the colors a bit. I guess that's easier than making a watercolor version from a "normal" portrait (which is tricky if you want to really match the original Deadfire watercolor style in my opinion).

Understatement of the year.

Also, no, his image was fan art, not an official portrait.

• Like 1

Well then you have fiddle around of course. :)

I managed to make some ok watercolor portraits that match Obsidian ones - but for every portrait there's a different approach since they all differ in contrast, style and so on. Sometimes it's really easier to just draw it and not try to use filters and stuff on the original one.

• Like 1

Understatement of the year.

Also, no, his image was fan art, not an official portrait.

Actually, it was a cropped version of concept art from the original PoE, so in a way, it WAS official. ;)

Source: https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Nature_godlike

Edited by LegendaryWyatt

Well then you have fiddle around of course. :)

I managed to make some ok watercolor portraits that match Obsidian ones - but for every portrait there's a different approach since they all differ in contrast, style and so on. Sometimes it's really easier to just draw it and not try to use filters and stuff on the original one.

I spent literal HOURS yesterday trying to get that effect. If you think you could do a better one, be my guest! I'd love to have a watercolour portrait that more closely matches the Deadfire style.

I updated the picture with greener ears. Since the picture above is linked to the one I edited "in da cloud" the change should be visible now in the picture above (maybe hit Shift+F5 to reload the page without using cache).

I will try to make a watercolor picture now...

• Like 1

I updated the picture with greener ears. Since the picture above is linked to the one I edited "in da cloud" the change should be visible now in the picture above (maybe hit Shift+F5 to reload the page without using cache).

I will try to make a watercolor picture now...

Wow, you're amazing. If you really come through with this I'll have no choice but to admit that you're Eothas reincarnated here to cleanse us all of our sins.  :bow:  :bow:

Edited by LegendaryWyatt

Don't go looking for the old portrait threads man, if this one edit gets you that excited you would get a heart attack going through those.

And yeah, concur Boeroeerrrooereooerer.  I did a number of custom portrait edits myself, complete with water color versions.  Each one has to be handled a little differently, even if they are based on actual Eternity portraits.

• Like 1

I think I managed to emulate the color brushes okish. But the heavy rim lighting makes it hard to extract proper linework. I guess I'd have to draw the linework by hand. Tomorrow maybe. :)

Edit: now that I look at your watercolor portrait again I have to say it's pretty good actually. To match the style of Obsidian's watercolor portraits 100% it would need heavier lines (and that's hard with this portrait if you don't want to draw manually), but the texture is nice.

Edited by Boeroer