So did they added the Ability Tree button?

So I just added Vatnir to my party and wanted to check Priest's Ability Tree. I've spent like 10 minutes clicking though UI looking for the button to open it, but seems like there is none. Since Vatnir is lvl 20 I won't have a chance to check out his tree, unless I will respec, which I do not want to do. The other option is to look up the class three on the internet. Is there more efficient way available in game?

• Like 2

This Wall doesn't have hole in it.

So I just added Vatnir to my party and wanted to check Priest's Ability Tree. I've spent like 10 minutes clicking though UI looking for the button to open it, but seems like there is none. Since Vatnir is lvl 20 I won't have a chance to check out his tree, unless I will respec, which I do not want to do. The other option is to look up the class three on the internet. Is there more efficient way available in game?

Save, respec, and then reload?

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Yeah that's possible, but really not a nice solution. Why on Eora can't they just put a button into the char sheet or on a key that opens the ability tree? I really can't understand why. 

• Like 9

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yeah that's possible, but really not a nice solution. Why on Eora can't they just put a button into the char sheet or on a key that opens the ability tree? I really can't understand why.

This.

Also it's kinda time to streamline the character respec.

Going 20 times through [ability selection -> skill selection -> ~ proficiency selection] is not ok.

I would salute a point-buy system, where you can invest all ability points on ability screen at once.

• Like 3

I agree, they should definitely do that - hell, character creation has a "preview abilities" button, so we know that it's 100% feasible.

This.

Also it's kinda time to streamline the character respec.

Going 20 times through [ability selection -> skill selection -> ~ proficiency selection] is not ok.

I would salute a point-buy system, where you can invest all ability points on ability screen at once.

I agree that it's not great as-is, but due to the way abilities unlock with PL, just giving the player a pile of points would require a very different leveling GUI.

Edited by gkathellar
  • Like 2

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

or just make the level up + mark grey and use it to open leveling pages

Edited by uuuhhii