There is a deck like in Baldurs Gate 2, giving bonus stats if you get the right cards or finally is the trinckets?

Someone can post some prints of the itens?

Currently Playing

• Pillars of Eternity
  • Morrowind
  • Stardew Valley

Future Play

• Deadfire
  • Oblivion
  • The Witcher

The deck of many things is a merchant ship where you can buy unique items. You can buy a "deck of endless possibilities" there which lets you apply a random (temporary from what i've tested so far) effect during combat. Trinkets are available in the Beast of Winter DLC and the devs have said that they're looking at backloading them into the rest of the game in future updates.

• Like 1

You can use the console to check out all unique items of the deck of many things. THey all start with LAXD_. So just type 

iroll20s<hit enter>
<reopen console>
giveitem LAXD_<hit tab>

and you can cycle through all of them.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The deck of many things is a merchant ship where you can buy unique items. You can buy a "deck of endless possibilities" there which lets you apply a random (temporary from what i've tested so far) effect during combat. Trinkets are available in the Beast of Winter DLC and the devs have said that they're looking at backloading them into the rest of the game in future updates.

Thank you!

You can use the console to check out all unique items of the deck of many things. THey all start with LAXD_. So just type 

iroll20s<hit enter>
<reopen console>
giveitem LAXD_<hit tab>

and you can cycle through all of them.

Thank you... But I asked because I don't have the game installed (Actually I'm playing PoE 1) and I'm waiting all dlc to be released before play it.

Currently Playing

• Pillars of Eternity
  • Morrowind
  • Stardew Valley

Future Play

• Deadfire
  • Oblivion
  • The Witcher

I found the ship and tried the interaction two times, by talking first and then by attacking it. In either cases, I never see any special items. When I talk to the merchants, their wares are empty and even when I open the chests in the hold, they're all empty. When I tried assaulting the junk, I only get what the characters are wearing with no special items. I tried closing the game and reloading the encounters with the same results. Am I missing a patch or something?

• 1 month later...

I found the ship and tried the interaction two times, by talking first and then by attacking it. In either cases, I never see any special items. When I talk to the merchants, their wares are empty and even when I open the chests in the hold, they're all empty. When I tried assaulting the junk, I only get what the characters are wearing with no special items. I tried closing the game and reloading the encounters with the same results. Am I missing a patch or something?

I might be mistaken but I believe that is because you stealthed and robbed all the gear that is in the chests and shelves around them... because unlike most places THAT is what actually shows up in their inventory to sell... :) But I could be wrong.. it was just the assumption I made since the first thing I did was rob them blind and I had all the items they were supposed to be selling afterwards :)

I bought most of their stuff and then later attacked the ship and got all the stuff again (now have several things two times: Assassins Boots, Shoes of the Waterlily and so on). So it seems like there is a little bug with the loot drop. :)

It's labelled with it's captains name, I forget what it is but its the same colour as the random Deadfire merchant ones.

Captain Thaenic, I believe.

And yeah, it's pretty cool that you can steal pretty much ALL their stuff. Though that's not exactly easy.

Edited by Haplok

I bought most of their stuff and then later attacked the ship and got all the stuff again (now have several things two times: Assassins Boots, Shoes of the Waterlily and so on). So it seems like there is a little bug with the loot drop. :)

I boarded the ship, killed everyone, but got only blue loot, no yellow items. I had to reset the fight, because that was useless for me.

I sunk the ship. That's a lot faster and you get all the loot. In my case twice. ;)

But you have to buy the expensive equipment i guess (canons) and i don't know how to do the ship battle properly. I tried it, but it was boring as hell.

I had a Voyager with Haefric's Nose in the stern and Palm Sails. Not really expensive stuff...