Marauder Stat Spread and Subclass Choices for the MC Watcher (Not a solo/duo build!). Explain your answers in the comments.   

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these two Marauder stat spreads/subclass choices do you think would be more viable long-term?

• Defensive Variant (No-Subclass/Streetfighter): 15 Might/15 Con/13 Dex/20 Perception/12 Intellect/20 Resolve
    • Attack Attack Attack! (Berserker/Streetfighter): 20 Might/12 Con/13 Dex/20 Per/20 Int/10 Res

Zerker and streetfighter both like to live on the edge, and more con is good for a character that likes to stay bloodied. Might can easily be left to 10 in favor of more health. You get to 15 from tenacious and have damage bonuses from streetfighter and weapons anyway. I would even go more defensive, but my builds tend to be rounded that way.

Zerker and streetfighter both like to live on the edge, and more con is good for a character that likes to stay bloodied. Might can easily be left to 10 in favor of more health. You get to 15 from tenacious and have damage bonuses from streetfighter and weapons anyway. I would even go more defensive, but my builds tend to be rounded that way.

Alright. Would you dump INT in favor of Resolve, then? Or is more Deflection not that important in the long run/when you can get it from party members (And when you're not planning on tanking, anyway). 

Compared to PoE1, maxing out might to squeeze as much damage per hit past the enemy's AR seems less important since any weapon-type can get 25,50,75 or 100% damage done.

And I always feel the damage bonus from Might-attribute seem insignificant compared to what you receive from the sneak-attack bonus.

For these reasons, in PoE2 I have come to prefer more a "mid-spread" for any Rogue or Rogue/X -multiclass.

By mid-spread I simply mean how the stats are allocate from top to bottom, keeping Might,Con,Res near 10, while prioritizing Per, Dex, and for casters multi's more Int.

ex.(without blessing)

Might: 10

Con: 10

Dex: 18

Per: 19

Int: 12

Res: 7

But perhaps for PotD with Berzerker, I would put a few more points from Dex/Int into Con.

But this is just my lazy subjective opinion, while I wait for Beast of Winter to download...