Question concerning Maia and Pallegina....

If I take both of them with me and I want to side with the Valians, will Maia leave and is there any way to make her stay? Alternatively, if I wish to side with the Royal Deadfire Company, is there anyway Pallegina can stay? 

Feel free to post spoilers. I don't mind at all and thanks.

Do not take them with you if you're having the final quest conversations with the faction leaders (and they're not in that faction).  E.g. Pallegina leaves right away if she's there for the Huana final quest conversation (I'm really simplifying for brevity).

From the little I did and from what I've heard, they will leave if you do a quest that does something particularly nasty to/ruins their faction.

E.g.

Maia leaves (I think) if you blow up the Rauatai gunpowder house (both Onekaza and the VTC can request this).

Pallegina leaves (I think) if you frame the VTC for the gunpowder house incident.

I have no idea if you can get Pallegina to stay.  I've heard you can make Maia stay if you have max rep, and have completed her quest.  You might also either have to A) romance her or B) make her quit the navy.

Sorry for all the maybe's - a lot of this is stuff I haven't personally confirmed.

• Like 1

Do not take them with you if you're having the final quest conversations with the faction leaders (and they're not in that faction).  E.g. Pallegina leaves right away if she's there for the Huana final quest conversation (I'm really simplifying for brevity).

From the little I did and from what I've heard, they will leave if you do a quest that does something particularly nasty to/ruins their faction.

E.g.

Maia leaves (I think) if you blow up the Rauatai gunpowder house (both Onekaza and the VTC can request this).

Pallegina leaves (I think) if you frame the VTC for the gunpowder house incident.

I have no idea if you can get Pallegina to stay.  I've heard you can make Maia stay if you have max rep, and have completed her quest.  You might also either have to A) romance her or B) make her quit the navy.

Sorry for all the maybe's - a lot of this is stuff I haven't personally confirmed.

Thanks. Hopefully someone can add some details.

You can side with the Huana by siding with Rauatai and then backing out instead of agreeing to killing the queen. Rauataians will go hostile, you kill them, Maia does not object. You go back to the queen, she gives you the 'go to Ukaizo' speech without wanting Pallegina gone.

I suspect more stuff like this can be done to side with the other factions.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
On 8/2/2018 at 4:02 AM, M4xw0lf said:

You can side with the Huana by siding with Rauatai and then backing out instead of agreeing to killing the queen. Rauataians will go hostile, you kill them, Maia does not object. You go back to the queen, she gives you the 'go to Ukaizo' speech without wanting Pallegina gone.

I suspect more stuff like this can be done to side with the other factions.

Does this works ? i do like the queen :)

17 hours ago, Lauro said:

Does this works ? i do like the queen :)

Yes, it does. Maia's ending slide will be pretty depressing, but🤷‍♀️. To do this you have to have Maia's relationship fully completed (level 2). I'm not sure if you have to romance her or not. Pretty sure this doesn't work with Pallegina. 

Edited by wingedchocolatecake
spelling