Street Sweeper not highlighting/appearing?

andnico

Question

Hello,

In my current play-through, I've noticed in the ruins near kohopa's fang that the street sweeper item is not highlighting when the highlight items button is pressed. Additionally, the item seems visually different, as though the actual broom is not appearing, only its shadow on the ground, which makes it harder to spot. Has anyone else encountered this is?

2 answers to this question

Hello,

In my current play-through, I've noticed in the ruins near kohopa's fang that the street sweeper item is not highlighting when the highlight items button is pressed. Additionally, the item seems visually different, as though the actual broom is not appearing, only its shadow on the ground, which makes it harder to spot. Has anyone else encountered this is?

I believe the bolded bit is intentional, as the Street Sweeper is something close to an Easter Egg which has to be looked for.

edit

Here is how it looks currently:

nvS23dS.png

Not so much a shadow but a brown object lying on a slightly different shade of brown surface.  Can be nearly impossible to see when it's cloud's shadow passes over it..

But that's why it's an Easter Egg. ;)

Ironically it might be slightly easier to see at nighttime as it stands out a bit more in my subjective opinion:

UYN5UxH.png

Does kinda look shadowish there, I agree.  But, again as far as I know, this is intentional. :)

Edited by Zap Gun For Hire