Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Build] The Furry Ravager

Build Ravager

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

thundercleese

thundercleese

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 465 posts

I think they fixed Dance of Death (and also Mirrored Image, Gilded Enmity, Ironskin, Wizard's Double) in a way that only attacks that do a proper attack roll and deal damage will count. All self damage stuff does no hit roll - so I suspect (only suspect) that they all work fine with Dance of Death etc.

Edit: Ha! Pushing this build over to the "hot" category. ;)

Why thank you kind sir! :) And yes I believe you are correct re: Dance of Death.

Just did a fairly big edit; updated for 2.0 and the (fairly small) nerf, shifted a bunch of things around. Added a bunch of videos, including a couple of fully solo bounties. Biggest change is you now need to pay attention to who you use SS on.

Side note: Only a few of the videos are embedded, I assume this is because there is a limit per post?

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14943 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
What was the nerf?

thundercleese

thundercleese

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 465 posts

Can't generate mortification through Stunning Surge any more.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14943 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Huh? What does it do now? Wasn't that the whole point of Stunning Surge? Or do you mean "not beyond what it costs"?

thundercleese

thundercleese

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 465 posts

Yeah, sorry I should have been clearer. Can't get 4 mortification from 1 SS now, so have to be a bit more selective of when to use it as oppose to spamming it all day.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14943 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Ok. Does it still refund more than 2 mortification with the use of AoE attacks like Blast or Spirit Lance?

thundercleese

thundercleese

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 465 posts

Just tested with balst and it does not. :(

• Boeroer likes this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14943 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Thanks!

thundercleese

thundercleese

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 465 posts

@Ascaloth: that's nice, thank you. :)

@thundercleese: do you also have issues with Barbaric Blow (or upgrades) + Torment's Reach? When I use Torment's Reach I nearly always get the 20% bonus of Barbaric Blow - even the +50% when I crit with Torment's Reach. As if the bonus from Barbaric Blow was given to my char permanently.

So I posted this bug report yesterday and then remembered you bringing this up. Probably the same thing? As I'd noticed Oathbreaker's procs were getting Barbaric Blows bonus damage, but not other skills.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14943 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
That might not be a bug. The unique Estoc Engoliero do Espirs procs Ghost Blades on kill and it also gets bonuses from the used ability and bonuses from the weapon enhantments like superb etc.

thundercleese

thundercleese

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 465 posts

No, I mean Barbaric Blows was getting added to the AoE damage on that character, but on another test with a Rogue using Sap, or a fighter using Clear Out - neither added their bonus to the AoE. Then I clicked that it must be because the game had applied the Barbaric Blow bonus to my character as a permanent effect at some point, as it was showing up as an effect on my character sheet. Then I remembered you had said you'd had a similar experience with it adding to Torments Reach.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Build, Ravager

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users