Modwyr  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What did you do with Modwyr?

• Kept her as is
    • Released her soul, and kept the sword
    • Gave her back to Yngfirth
    • Released her soul, and gave the sword back to Yngfirth

What did you do with her?

Well... you see... I don't think the moderators will appreciate an honest answer... but it was entirely consensual and mostly her ideas...

• Like 4

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Released her soul 100%

I liked the quest, but it did make wish that we got a sword, with it's own soul, not simply a human one meaning there would be no reason to release it. Though I suppose no one would use any other weapon if there was such a unique blade.

Edited by Wodehouse_44
  • Like 1

What did you do with her?

Well... you see... I don't think the moderators will appreciate an honest answer... but it was entirely consensual and mostly her ideas...

involving a whetstone, sparks, and a heated exchange

would love Modwyr's critical hit cackle as an MP3 I could use for a phone alert, Allegra is a favorite voice actor

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

I might consider keeping the sword as is if the voice wouldn't be so obnoxious and irritating. As it stands, I always release the soul and keep the sword. Works great for a tank with the immunity it provides and I almost always roleplay good characters so it's perfect.

• Like 1

I love love LOVED this quest. Modwyr is a follower/companion in every respect, often even more so than the sidekicks, and her “personal quest” was heartbreaking. The choice of what to do with her has been one of the hardest quest choices so far.

• Like 4

Doing Modwyr's quest was kind of a bitter pill as a Devoted. 

"Okay, you've got some issues... I'll just set aside all my combat training while you remember the joys of a fresh kill..."

Edited by Parasol_Syndicate

Magran's fire casts light in Dark Places...

Wait, so if you release Modwyr's soul the sword itself still keeps all its powers?

Yes. The description is kind of sad though. Even though it was probably the good choice to give the sword back, I couldn't give the sword up. It worked too well alongside Duskfall, and it would have hurt my build (dual wield devoted swashbuckler) not to have the extra attack speed. Modwyr, Duskfall, and Hel Beckoning are the three best swords in the game, Hel Beckning isn't great in a dual wield build though, it doesn't synergies well it's better for a one handed, devoted build.

Edited by Wodehouse_44

I kept her soul to talk to her.

But that laugh pretty much every combat makes me regret it ever since :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Is it weird that I'm more emotionally conflicted about the outcome of this side-quest than that of the main quests in both games?  ;(

Just a matter of perspective, I guess. 

Modwyr's a jerk. but an innocent jerk who doesn't know her origins and is trying to make the most of her extremely limited existence. 

What you decide goes, because no one else cares.

Unlike the deadfire/eothas situation where seemingly everyone wants an outcome. 

Magran's fire casts light in Dark Places...