Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Backer Rewards] Physical Reward Updates

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5384 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
^ man, that ring-bound manual in the BGII CE was so good...! A shame we’re not getting more of that stuff nowadays.

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1195 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Got my collectors edition yesterday. The manual and the guide (the real reason I backed at that level--I love coffee table lore books) look great. The art team did an amazing job with them.

• Kirk likes this

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5384 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
^ pics or it didn’t happen?

How are the other items?

boffmoffet

boffmoffet

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Does the collectors edition have a actual physical copy of the game for possible offline install? 

Mine had a case with a card in it that contained a code that you needed to enter on the site to get your code to download online.

This is so incredibly lame and not at all what people expect when they order a "physical copy." At least me anyway. LAME LAME LAME Obsidian.

Also the tracking number they gave me says its for DHL but the email links me to USPS but neither has the tracking info.

But for real Obsidian, Dan, backers ordering physical copies of the games should in fact receive PHYSICAL COPIES! I am a cartographer, I spend large swaths of time sleep in cabins and work sites in the middle of nowhere working with GIS software that can kill any PC from time to time, much less laptops. The physical copy was a real purposeful and strategic move on my part. Any chance this disappointment in false advertising gets addressed?

Big-Ben

Big-Ben

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Steam:Big Ben
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Haven't received a shipping notice yet and I'm from the States (If that means anything.). Not that my body requires the presence of these items to survive though. Just thought I'd check in and see how others were doing.  If I can I'll post pics when mine arrives. I have the Signed Elite...Collector's...thing?

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1195 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

^ pics or it didn’t happen?

How are the other items?

I don't up irl pics online for the good of humanity. :p However, here's a link to someone else's pics of their physical goods: https://imgur.com/a/nmOe8GM#52OKl0B

Logain

Logain

Eternity Speer of The Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I'm sorry if there was any miscommunication about this! We wanted the chromecase to look sleek but not obtrusive in backers' collections and libraries. I know it's a small consolation, but the card's code is different from the code we sent you upon release (and boy am I glad we decided to do that - talk about logistical nightmares), so if you have that friend who put the game on their wishlist but hasn't yet bought it, you can definitely put them in your debt send them a token of your friendship!

Miscommunication?

C'mon man, getting a fancy Download-Code when what we are ordered is a physical copy of the game? This is a disgrace, you kow it and so does the community!

I supported your Kickstarter Campaigns for both Games not only because I thought you maybe could make a great Game but also because I thought you would care a little bit more about your backers and "regular" costumers.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5384 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
I’m not a fan of the Steam code either, but FWIW it was explicitly mentioned during the Fig campaign (at the very least by Feargus himself) that physical copies would not come with a disc installer this time around.

That does in no way imply that it shouldn’t have been written explicitly in each of the physical tiers’ description, mind you. Just putting things in perspective.

Edited by AndreaColombo, 16 August 2018 - 02:24 AM.

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1473 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Haven't received a shipping notice yet and I'm from the States (If that means anything.). Not that my body requires the presence of these items to survive though. Just thought I'd check in and see how others were doing.  If I can I'll post pics when mine arrives. I have the Signed Elite...Collector's...thing?

Yeah, I'm in the states and still "shipping soon" also. I suspect it's because I got the painted miniatures.

Achilles

Achilles

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3045 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
“Shipping soon” for both the painted miniatures and the collector’s edition.
Have received tracking numbers for both.
“Expected Delivery” date generated for the miniatures on the day they arrived.
Collector’s Edition showed that it was stuck in Kentucky until this morning (now says that it will be delivered by the end of the day today).

I’m old enough to remember a parcel system that consisted of “the post office” and UPS and nothing else, so I’m not that put out. But shipping statuses and tracking numbers that don’t mean anything sure seems like a lot of effort for poor theater.

boffmoffet

boffmoffet

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Thanks for the pictures dog days, those look great. Od Nua/Eothas statue looks absolutely amazing. 

I’m not a fan of the Steam code either, but FWIW it was explicitly mentioned during the Fig campaign (at the very least by Feargus himself) that physical copies would not come with a disc installer this time around.

That does in no way imply that it shouldn’t have been written explicitly in each of the physical tiers’ description, mind you. Just putting things in perspective

Yeah I am still gonna call false advertising on that one. Physical copy means PHYSICAL COPY unless there is an asterisks or addendum on the immediate storefront/pledge page. Obsidian cant charge 200 dollars for a physical copy and expect us to read the fine print on one of the 5 pages they were posting early backer info on.

Honestly this one detail is a deal breaker for me in regard to supporting future projects.  I knew it was gonna be released in a state I consider to rough for release. It did. Within an hour of gameplay I had bugs that ruined the narrative pacing for the game, letting me know I need to wait a few patches. That's Obsidian, the end product is always worth waiting for a few patches. The rest of these physical goods look great, the quality I was expecting, albeit a little late with a little communications snaffu. I can chill, I love your games. But no physical copy shipping with my physical copy reward tier?  That takes me from ludicrous levels of backing to a fan who will buy the collectors edition 2 years after release when its on sales for $20.

(inner dialogue) Shut it down, Lemon. Shut it down.

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1167 posts

It's confusing more than anything. Why have a boxed collector's edition without a copy of the game in??  It's just a nice box with the Pillars Of Eternity 2 logo on it! I've got no problem with it being a digital-only game, but if it is then why make a box?!

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1473 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

The entire notion of "physical copies" seems kinda silly these days. 

"Sorry, yeah, I'm still installing the game. My arm is getting tired swapping out seventy separate CDs"

I think i'm getting a box so I hope I can fit the maps and figurines etc in it for storage.

Achilles

Achilles

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3045 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

It's confusing more than anything. Why have a boxed collector's edition without a copy of the game in?? It's just a nice box with the Pillars Of Eternity 2 logo on it! I've got no problem with it being a digital-only game, but if it is then why make a box?!

People want the “big box” to put on their game shelf next to their old Infinity Engine games (in similar packaging). See: mattchat
  • AndreaColombo likes this

WanderingAim

WanderingAim

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

My collector's addition arrived yesterday... and I'm a bit underwhelmed and disappointed. What I thought I bought (based on the Pillars I collector's addition), and what I actually got don't match. The steel case with a code caught me completely by surprise. I realize (from reading above) that I misunderstood some of the descriptions. Lesson learned. I will be much more hesitant in the future. 

theesh

theesh

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

My collectors edition arrived yesterday and, i'm a bit saddened. The statue, while it looked to be amazing while whole, arrived in pieces. I have already emailed obsidian support but, I thought i would share here just to make people aware of this issue.  The link below is a picture statues condition upon arrival.  

https://drive.google...Ja0tqPaaUSrvwFD

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1473 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

My collectors edition arrived yesterday and, i'm a bit saddened. The statue, while it looked to be amazing while whole, arrived in pieces. I have already emailed obsidian support but, I thought i would share here just to make people aware of this issue.  The link below is a picture statues condition upon arrival.  

https://drive.google...Ja0tqPaaUSrvwFD

oh goddam that's awful =(

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1167 posts
The United States Postal Service managed to do what the Watcher Of Caed Nua could not :(
  • glennjones130486 likes this

bbidnick

bbidnick

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'll add my own experience to this thread.  My physical stuff just arrived today, which was a total surprise.  I didn't receive any shipping notification or tracking information.  I just happened to be working from home today and stepped outside to get the mail, and there it was on my doorstep.

Upon opening the box, there was the box for the statue, the shrinkwrapped guide, and a shrinkwrapped, signed collector's edition.  No map, no frog pin, no mouse pad, no "artwork. - all of which are apparently inside the collector's edition box.  So if you are one to archive the big box on your shelf, be advised that a number of the items are inside that box if you plan to leave it shrinkwrapped.

Minor complaints aside, this is still worlds better than the delivery of physical items from the first PoE - that fulfillment company never shipped my stuff because my address was somehow invalid for their system, and also never notified me of that.  Months later I eventually sorted it out and got my stuff.

Obsidian - you folks make amazing games, but your fulfillment partners continue to leave a bit to be desired.

Achilles

Achilles

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3045 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Got my shipment today.

Proud member of the “Broken Eothas” club. Right hand snapped off pretty cleanly and I was able to super glue it back on. Less than thrilled, but I’ll get over it.

Geniuses in fulfillment are putting the game box right up against the side of the shipping box with no padding, so prepare for lots of complaints about crushed corners.

The contents themselves are great. The cloth map is a vast improvement over what shipped with PoE1. The shirts and hoodie look top notch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users